Unraid constantly goes into read-only filesystem mode

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Posted (edited)

Hello Unraid community,

For weeks I've been trying to troubleshoot an issue where my Unraid server "Zuse" (named after the one and only Konrad Zuse), will have its docker apps crash and when I look at the error log I can tell I'm in trouble since syslog server cannot write to its share since it complains the filesystem is in read only mode. I recently updated my motherboard bios hoping it would fix the issue, but no bueno. I'm running out of ideas of what it could be. I see kernel errors but not sure how to debug them (ignore the certificate errors I'm aware and can currently access the web portal no issue). Attached are my sys diags plus my syslog from the last two days. 

I appreciate any help and eyes on my issue.

Best Regards,

Richard

zuse-diagnostics-20240526-1029.zipsyslog-127.0.0.1.log

Edited by richardoswald
9 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Don't see the filesystem going read only, but there is data corruption detected on your pool, run a correcting scrub.

Also change the docker network from macvlan to ipvlan (or disable bridging).

Thank you @JorgeB I just ran a corrective scrub on my pool, it came back with 4 uncorrectable bits. I deleted that file since It was nothing special. I then changed Docker to ipvlan and rebooted. Next scrub showed no errors, although I still see multiple errors in the new attached syslog. Do you know how I can fix my BTFS volume?

syslog-127.0.0.1.log

On 5/26/2024 at 4:56 AM, JorgeB said:

Don't see the filesystem going read only, but there is data corruption detected on your pool, run a correcting scrub.

Also change the docker network from macvlan to ipvlan (or disable bridging).

Thank you for your help @JorgeB! It's been a week since my server last crashed. I believe it was changing the docker network to ipvlan. I'll still migrate to a new btrfs or new zfs in case, since you recommended that as well.

• Like 1