[SOLVED] Web interface not starting on boot

Really just shooting in the dark here, but if you are dead set on trying everything to make this particular motherboard work with unraid, maybe try booting off of a hard drive with your license key file on the usb stick mounted to read the license key. I don't know the procedure, but I've seen posts referencing it on here somewhere. The downside would be losing one of your sata ports, but in a small server, ports are usually at less of a premium than 3.5 slots, so maybe a small solid state hard drive mounted creatively could keep all your 3.5 slots open.

Saw some other reports of failing to mount the USB drive/boot from usb on the Lenovo M90P

Other ideas...

boot order?  set as USB-Drive or USB Hard Disk

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/A-and-M-Series-ThinkCentre/ThinkCentre-A30-USB-BOOT-SUPPORT/td-p/22126

Bios update? (I know you said it was the latest)

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/research/hints-or-tips/detail.page?&LegacyDocID=MIGR-74763

disable acpi?

Guys,

Finally some good news! Tom got involved and was able to identify the issue.

During boot there's a point at which it tries to mount non-root filesystems (e.g. /boot). In order to give the USB system time to initialize there's a 5 second sleep inserted before the mount is attempted. This pause apparently wasn't enough for my MB. The mount command resulted in "device does not exist", and the startup script continued on. Tom gave me a build which actually loops until it detects that USB has completed initialization. And now my system finally boots properly.

Thanks for all your assistance. Its nice to know there's such a helpful community behind this product.

Andrew

Guys,

Finally some good news! Tom got involved and was able to identify the issue.

During boot there's a point at which it tries to mount non-root filesystems (e.g. /boot). In order to give the USB system time to initialize there's a 5 second sleep inserted before the mount is attempted. This pause apparently wasn't enough for my MB. The mount command resulted in "device does not exist", and the startup script continued on. Tom gave me a build which actually loops until it detects that USB has completed initialization. And now my system finally boots properly.

Thanks for all your assistance. Its nice to know there's such a helpful community behind this product.

Andrew

Great to hear you got it worked out.

It was a weird issue and I wonder why that particular machine seems to have issues.