Migrating from Old (2008ish hardware) server to **completely** new hardware

First off - I am almost certain that this specific question has been asked before but I can't find all of it in one place, so feel free to bash me if it was obvious.

I bought Unraid in 2011. It was running on a very old and noisy supermicro server for probably 7ish years, and I ended up upgrading it to 6.1.3 at some point. As you can imagine, the original USB is very old and only 4GB. The largest drive in the old array is 3TB. It has been shut down for probably five years. I assembled a completely new (and quiet!) server with all new drives, a 5950x with 128GB of RAM, and an Intel ARC 380. I will be using none of the old hardware.

I copied all of the files from the old server to a USB HDD housing, and I copied all the files off of the old USB boot drive as well. I bought a card reader with an industrial sdcard. My assumption was that I could just follow the official directions and migrate everything from the old USB boot drive into the new one, but with it being so old, shouldn't I start fresh if I have all the files from the server saved already? 

And if so, should I just select the trial on the new server, make sure everything copies correctly, and then transfer the license to the new card? Or should I go through all the trouble upgrading unraid on the old USB boot drive first and then boot from that on the new server and build the new configuration?

Again, I apologize if this is stupid but I am feeling some doubt here.

1 hour ago, highlifelight said:

I bought a card reader with an industrial sdcard.

Your first step should be to confirm that it works for licensing. Most card readers don't have unique GUID's, making them ineligible.

If you can get a trial license working, then it will work to transfer your full license later.

1 hour ago, JorgeB said:

You should be able to do either, if you want to go with a new install start with a trial key, you can transfer the license when everything is working.

Thanks! Moving ahead with this.

2 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

Your first step should be to confirm that it works for licensing. Most card readers don't have unique GUID's, making them ineligible.

If you can get a trial license working, then it will work to transfer your full license later.

This is a good call. I purchased one that was confirmed as working but I really should confirm. Thank you.