Require some assistance with a command line script

Go to solution Solved by strike,

I'm looking to create a txt directory (or csv potentially) of my drives and array now that things are at a fairly stable place and my in and out data movements are relatively idle it seems like a good time to start doing thing to have a backup in case anything is ever lost. 

I am using Synd's Tree Script included here in order to build it, but I'm not great with command line so hoping someone might have the time to assist me a bit. My understanding is this:

-The lines I am copy/pasting into terminal to implement are as numbered in the attached

-The portion I should be editing to my personal array is only `basename`?

I'm not sure if there is anything else i should be editing in the code prior to running it? 

Screenshot 2024-06-07 125110.png

Posted (edited)

Not an answer to your question, but I use Cathy and cathycmd to index all my files. Just scroll down a bit on the site and you'll find it. It's a very nice windows program perfect for this task. You can also use it to search for files to find out which disk they're on or to find files in general. And the search is almost instant too. To automate the script just put the .exe files in a folder and create a file with the following and save it as cathy.cmd for example: 

## It's a comment
#IGN *.tmp; \windows; \tempo*; \cygwin*;
#DEV \\servername\disk1\ , -disk1-
#DEV \\servername\disk2\ , -disk2-
#DEV \\servername\disk3\ , -disk3-

#IGN is for things you want to ignore obviously. 
Then just set up a scheduled task in windows to have it run once a day or something. Then cathy will create a .caf file for each of your drives. The gui looks like this:

Screenshot2024-06-07202625.thumb.png.3a40348fe611a9ffb284c1e3b7d326a2.png

You can click on each disk and all your folders and files will show up.

Edited by strike
16 minutes ago, strike said:

Not an answer to your question, but I use Cathy and cathycmd to index all my files. Just scroll down a bit on the site and you'll find it. It's a very nice windows program perfect for this task. You can also use it to search for files to find out which disk they're on or to find files in general. And the search is almost instant too. To automate the script just put the .exe files in a folder and create a file with the following and save it as cathy.cmd for example: 

## It's a comment
#IGN *.tmp; \windows; \tempo*; \cygwin*;
#DEV \\servername\disk1\ , -disk1-
#DEV \\servername\disk2\ , -disk2-
#DEV \\servername\disk3\ , -disk3-

#IGN is for things you want to ignore obviously. 
Then just set up a scheduled task in windows to have it run once a day or something. Then cathy will create a .caf file for each of your drives. The gui looks like this:

Screenshot2024-06-07202625.thumb.png.3a40348fe611a9ffb284c1e3b7d326a2.png

You can click on each disk and all your folders and files will show up.

wow you’re right this looks fantastic for what I’m looking for. Thanks for the recommendation! So does this use SMB to read the info from your Unraid server and then consolidate everything into Cathy on windows? Or does it connect from a windows machine to your Unraid server in a different way?