WebGUI not responding, some dockers responsive, some not

After upgrading from 6.12.9 to 6.12.10, I had some issues.

Now, after sitting while I was at work, I get no response from the WebGUI:

* Hit (ctrl) F5 and the browser page gives no indication of reloading

* Login to the server from a totally different browser - it presents the login page, I can log in, but nas.local/Main gives an HTTP ERROR 500

Some of my dockers are responsive and I can access them, some are totally unresponsive - I click on links within their management pages and get zero response. Ctrl-F5 doesn't even seem to attempt to refresh the page.

SSH has been disabled, and since I can't get access to the WebGUI, I can't run diagnostics or start a web terminal session to reboot the server from the command line.

Any suggestions.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Enable the syslog server and post that after a crash.

Thanks, I'll do that.

In the meantime, any suggestions on a smooth shutdown, or should I just "pull the plug"?

Also, it's not actually crashing. The server is up. I can access shares and some dockers. I just can't access the GUI and other, random dockers.

Edited by Free Man
2 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Not seeing anything relevant logged, when was the last time code you saw the problem?

The syslog would have been posted within roughly 10 minutes or so of having restarted the server (power button down until it shut down). Was having issues for at least 2 hours prior to that, that I'm aware of.

42 minutes ago, Mainfrezzer said:

I would suggest you use either the IP directly or another nameserver. the .local domains are iffy and according to your logs, you have another mdns service running somewhere

I do, primarily, use the IP address and occasionally the name.

Are you saying that the server was up & running just fine, but that the browser simply couldn't find it by name? This is what the tab looks like in my Firefox browser (yes, this is after a server and PC restart, but this tab is pinned in Firefox, so it's what it always is)

image.png.cc6bd340ff0601842a8b7f7db6422978.png

but clicking the "refresh" button and hitting F5 had zero effect on this tab. Even shutting down the browser and restarting it (and trying to load the dashboard in a totally different browser) got no response.

I'm not sure where another dns service would be running on my PC/network, but I'll look into that.