cant read/write smb share folder

Hi win 11 and switched on last night and had lost access to my downloads share on unraid server , it wouldn't accept my password all other shares were fine then i came out of file explorer and tried again this time all files were denied access but it accepted my password and all seemed okay till i tried to move anything inside the downloads share i get the following "you require permission from server/nobody to change this file". All user and share permissions seem okay, anyone check the diagnostics or tell me its a windows error ?

Thanks

broxi-diagnostics-20240617-1142.zip

It sounds like your Windows 11 client has already established a connection to your server.  Windows clients are only allowed one connection to a server.  When you attempt a second connection, the error message is never really clear as to what the problem is.  

One thing to do is setup a Windows Credential to log your client onto your Unraid server.  (SMB goes through a whole sequence of login attempts before it finally asks you to login when all of these earlier attempts have failed.  I am led to believe that the credential stored by Windows Credential Manager is the first one to be tried!  It appears that all of your shares are 'Private' so you do required a valid Share Access user to access them.) 

IF you are confused about what is happening, read the first post in this thread and two PDF's attached to it:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/110580-security-is-not-a-dirty-word-unraid-windows-1011-smb-setup/

And things are not going to get better.  MS will be introducing 'SMB signing'  in 23H2 and that could bring another round of problems to folks who attempt to avoid MS security changes.  See here for details:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/storage-at-microsoft/accessing-a-third-party-nas-with-smb-in-windows-11-24h2-may-fail/ba-p/4154300

Edited by Frank1940