Unmountable: Unsupported or no file system

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hey guys, I have a problem and I think it's my own fault... I played around with hardware quiet a lot in the last weeks and now my main drives are not recognized by the array. I mounted them while the array was offline by using Unassigned Devices and I think that might have caused the issue... The disks are in the right order. The first image shows the array before start up. The second image shows its state a fter start up. I'm happy to run diagnostic tools and upload diagnostic files, I just don't know which ones/where they are. Thank you for any advice.Screenshot2024-06-17161759.thumb.png.b5ad78199ad423564421ba5a32781495.pngScreenshot2024-06-17161825.thumb.png.83caa29dd6414b1841115176b2fe9589.png

2 minutes ago, BlackCube said:

What does the -L option do?

It does what the report says it will do - it discards the log and then repairs the drive.

The rerun on disk1 looks clean, but the output from the first repair attempt suggests to me that a lot of its data has probably been moved to the lost+found folder and that will probably take a lot of manual effort to resolve.

Oh noooo I see what you mean. There is a giant lost+found folder now. How did that happen!? Was it allready there before the filesystem check?
grafik.thumb.png.c253221fc179f4bb271f76d01f47f9ed.png

The first drive is now part of the array again but it still shows "Device is disabled" and what can I do about Disk 2

Since Disk 1 was my main drive all my Dockers/VMs are not working anymore now. I said I played around a lot with hardware over the last few weeks but it was working until last friday. Then I was gone over the weekend and my array was suddenly offline. The Server mind you was still on

5 minutes ago, BlackCube said:

I did this screenshot before using check filesystem. As seen in the screenshot the first disk was containing more data before the check. Why is that? It seemed ok/mountable before. Just not inside the array. Where did all of that data go?Screenshot2024-06-17213738.thumb.png.00300aa900857c5f942388d776374c6e.png

That is the physical disk.   Since disk 1 had been disabled the repair process ran against the emulated drive leaving the physical drive unaffected.    At this point your best bet will be to copy the files from the physical drive mounted as an Unassigned Device back to the array.