Updates from 6.12.0 show as "not available" after USB drive replacement

Go to solution Solved by matguy,

I've been running UnRAID on a 1GB USB drive for about 12 years.  On my last OS version update the disk image had grown to where I had to make room for the update by removing the previous version before upgrading.  So, I figured it was time to replace the USB disk.  I used a SanDisk MicroSD to USB adapter and a 16GB MicroSD card.  Initially formatted with the UnRAID USB creator, but it's... problematic at times.  So I did the manual method with no issues.

Booted up fine, did the license transfer, array started right up, works great.  Went to check the Update OS page and even after hitting "Check for Updates" there is no updatable version to update to.  Just shows with a red/orange (I'm not great with color) broken chain icon and "not available" next to it.

I think that's incorrect, right?  There should be an update available past 6.12.0, right?image.thumb.png.80e299abbc9800b1e36e536f46a37a2d.png

Just now, JonathanM said:

Literally, that was the whole reason for updating to a new USB drive, to make the automatic updates work so I wouldn't have to manually update.  But I guess I could give that a try.

To be clear, I'm not as concerned with making the upgrade happen as much as if there's an underlying issue from the USB drive replacement that's preventing the upgrade from showing up, which could also show up as other issues I just haven't noticed yet.

• Solution

I think I figured it out.  It can't get to outside internet for some reason, or thinks it can't.  The Plugins Page update check comes back with:

Checking connectivity ... No response, aborting!

So, looks like it's a connectivity issue, which sometimes happens since I have a dual 10Gb card and sometimes it tries to bring up the disconnected onboard ethernet.  The console shows "IPv4 address: not set" even though it clearly is (since I can get to it.)  yay, fun...

Cleaned up, plugged in 1Gb just so I don't lose connectivity, swapped the 10Gb physical port I'm using to eth0 and on-board to eth1, moved IP settings to eth0, removed routes for eth1, rebooted.

Check for plugins page works, now.  Check for OS updates works now, too.  All fixed.