Trouble booting on Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I replaced my motherboard, and now I can't get it to boot from the USB key.

In the BIOS, I see my SATA drives that are connected, but they do not show up as boot options.  The only option I have is the USB key, but when I try to boot with that, it just boots into the BIOS.  My USB key is reported as: "UEFI: KingstonDT 100 G2 1.00, Partition 1 (Kingston DT 100 G2 1.00)"

I am unable to enable CSM support -- I think this may be because I am using integrated graphics instead of a dedicated card (but am not sure).

I was also not able to get it to boot (even into the BIOS) when I  installed my M1015 card.  I removed that for now, just to get to the boot process.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks...that helped.

The stock image worked so I had a look at my key.  Turns out that at some point I had renamed the EFI directory to "EFI-".  Renaming it back allowed my key to boot.  I'm moving from a third gen Intel CPU to 13th gen, so I guess a few things have changed! 

My next problem will be reinstalling m101 and try to get it to boot properly.

• Like 1

My m1015 card was working properly after all.  The weird thing is -- it doesn't cause any output to be shown on the display.  On the prior machine that it was installed in, it would show the drives connected to it as it enumerated them, and there was a way to access its configuration page.

There is a setting in the bios to specify the initial display output.  The default setting was PCIe 1, but given I don't have a dedicated graphics card, I changed that to iGFX.  Maybe the bios is not respecting that setting.

Now that it's installed in this machine, I don't know how I would enter the m1015 configuration page if ever needed.