Can't edit newly created docker containers

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I just noticed that I'm unable to edit newly created Docker containers.

image.png.ed673822676657f49e5bc9f77f91abf6.png

I have read from other posts that this is due to the XML configuration file in DockerMan not being available (\config\plugins\dockerMan\templates-user). So, I fetched a new Flash Backup from my Unraid instance and was unable to find the ...\mysqlworkbench-01.xml

I have also noticed that I'm unable to edit containers/VMs/shares, etc., like the USB has gone into a read-only mode.

Because this has something to do with the USB stick, I think it's important to provide a little section about my recent changes that may have something to do with this issue:

I have recently made some changes to the USB key because I had two instances with Unraid running. One with a Pro license and another with a Plus

license.

I now consolidated everything and decommissioned my former server running the Pro license.

I now had the Pro license free and wanted to move it to the newly created consolidated instance. Due to the fact that the license key is locked to the USB, I moved everything from my Plus license USB stick running the newly consolidated instance into the former decommissioned USB stick with the Pro license available (licenses stayed in place on the USB sticks).

This may be just a coincidence that I made this change yesterday and today when installing new Dockers experienced this issue.... but it's one hell of a coincidence then...

So, my question is, any suggestions for a fix?

Not being able to edit settings implies something else going on.

You should post your system's diagnostics zip file in your next post in this thread to get more informed feedback.  It is always a good idea to post this if your question might involve us seeing how you have things set up or to look at recent logs.

• Thanks 1
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, JorgeB said:
Jun 22 05:56:44 Tower3 emhttpd: error: put_config, 578: Read-only file system (30): fopen: /boot/config/ident.cfg.new

Flash drive is read-only, try recreating it.

Do you mean recreate?  *How do you mean recreate?* :D - my mistake 

Should I re-install using the installer and then copy over the config folder? 

Edited by leth

So I tried a couple of times to reinstall using the unraid installer and it crashed at the end with an error message leaving the USB unreadable by Windows. 

Noticed that the USB was getting super hot so I will now attempt using an older USB that I have used before for another license.

A DT50 Kingston that has this big block of metal on it - ideal for keeping it cool i guess. 

I read here that the way to transfer the license would be to just put it on the new USB and boot from it... hope that works when the USB is associated with another license.. https://docs.unraid.net/unraid-os/manual/changing-the-flash-device/

Alright - I will just order a couple of new ones. They will get here in a couple of days - I will do the transfer then.

I guess the read-only USB will work until then.

First time I had a USB fail on me since I started on this (its been years) - is this what people talk about when they say their USB dies it really becomes read-only?

26 minutes ago, leth said:

is this what people talk about when they say their USB dies it really becomes read-only

Although that is one possible symptom of the USB drive failing it can also happen for other reasons.   That is why one of the first suggestions is to try backing up and then rewriting the USB drive in case it was something else.

I installed a new Unraid using the installer on the new USB, moved over the Config from the Read-Only USB and put one new key in the Config folder... followed some instructions that came up then.. it just worked again! USB failing is shush a small price to pay for running shush a cool OS :)

Bought two Samsung BAR Plus and the downtime (practically nothing) was a great excuse to install 3 new overkill NOCTUA NF-A14 3000PWM fans :D