Unraid Unresponsive - Help Needed

SirCadian

My Unraid server has been running fine for a few years now.  I ran into problems yesterday where the server has become increasingly unresponsive.  The GUI windows take a long time (minutes) to load or won't load at all.  The terminal won't load.  I tried to identify the issue but am not any clearer as to what is causing it. I'm seeing IOWAIT kick in periodically and shfs seems to frequently take up to 75% CPU.

Things I have tried include:

- Rebooting the server.

- Disabling all the dockers.

- Disabling all the vms.

At one point I had all dockers and vms stopped and had a parity check running.  I tried to grab a diagnostics and this failed while trying to download the 132k zipfile.  I managed to cancel the parity check and then re-ran the diagnostics.  It completed the second time and downloaded.

I'm currently leaving dockers and vms disabled whilst I try to run a parity check but I've no idea what to try next.  I'm surprised the issue is happening when dockers and vms are disabled.  Any suggestions as to what I can try to diagnose and fix?

Afraid I don't.  I think I may have identified the issue though.  Docker wouldn't start after I posted my last update.  It looks like the docker img was corrupt.  I deleted it and re-added all my containers.  I still saw some CPU spikes that seem to be related to the Dynamic Cache Directories plugin (high 'find' and 'shfs' CPU usage) so I've disabled.  Things seem stable now.  I'll live with it for a while and see if the issue is resolved.  If not, i'll grab a diagnostics and issue timestamp and post here.  Thanks for your help so far.

• Like 1