Parity 2 has read errors but pases short test

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hello, I am relatively new to unraid. My drive parity 2 has 2808 errors on the main tab. I don't really know what this specifically means. I know it is failing but by smart data it is less than a year old. Did I just lose the lottery on a refurb drive? I know enough to know it needs replaced quickly but any advice would be appreciated both to make the swap smoother and to prevent this in the future.

The Short test is not really any indication of a drives health.     You need to do the extended test instead and only if that passes is the drive normally OK.

Note that it is possible to get errors for reasons other than a drive failing (e.g. cabling, power) so you should post your system's diagnostics zip file in your next post in this thread to get more informed feedback.  It is always a good idea to post this if your question might involve us seeing how you have things set up or to look at recent logs.

Attempted to do a extended test. It got to 40% overnight/all day. Meanwhile I got constant updates about the reallocated sector count climbing. It is up to 63000. I rebooted it because plex was acting up. I assume that has something to do with the parity drive failing?