Trying to transfer folder between two servers, local network...

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Posted (edited)

I have an Unraid server named Calango at 192.168.0.185 There’s a folder named FotosAVS at /mnt/disk1. This server has the root and a user named avs. I go into terminal and in the root@Calango:/mnt/disk1# I type ls and can see FotosAVS.

I want to transfer this directory to another server in the local network, that runs OpenMediaVault.  The folder path I wanna transfer to is 192.168.0.193/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-80fe6070-e8d8-4f3b-beba-8372a8cda0d7/HotMedia/MediaHot/

So, using scp I tried

scp [email protected]:/mnt/disk1/FotoNAS [email protected]/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-80fe6070-e8d8-4f3b-beba-8372a8cda0d7/HotMedia/MediaHot/

It ask my password.

([email protected]) Password:

I enter but it’s not accepted.

Then I try:

root@Calango:/mnt/disk1# scp FotoNAS [email protected]/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-80fe6070-e8d8-4f3b-beba-8372a8cda0d7/HotMedia/MediaHot/

Since I’m already inside the directory but it says:

cp: cannot stat 'FotoNAS': No such file or directory

I check and it’s there…

root@Calango:/mnt/disk1# ls

FotosNAS/  isos/

So I try with root, it ask for my password, accept it, but says can’t find the directory that is there…

root@Calango:/mnt/disk1# scp [email protected]:/mnt/disk1/FotoNAS [email protected]/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-80fe6070-e8d8-4f3b-beb

a-8372a8cda0d7/HotMedia/MediaHot/

([email protected]) Password:

scp: /mnt/disk1/FotoNAS: No such file or directory

root@Calango:/mnt/disk1#

My ssh is configured to allow user avs to ssh...Tried rsync with similar results…

Now any ideas of what am I doing wrong? Jee…it should be easier...rsrs...

And yes, I can mount the shares of both servers to my local MacBook and make the copy via Finder, but I´m not sure it's as effective or if I have to keep the Mac turned-on or if once I start the process I can shut it down. Besides, I wanna learn the proper way!

Captura de Tela 2024-07-03 às 11.12.50.png

Edited by Botafoguense1965
3 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Can't help with SCP, but it might be easier to enable an SMB/NFS share in Openmediavault and then use UD to connect to it.

Indeed, it was a good idea. Used Crusader to connect the other server samba share and the speeds are much better then using the Mac as middle man. Will keep trying to learn the hard way, for educative purposes...

Thanks!

• Like 1