Not able to install MacOS Sonoma on 6.12.10 with Ryzen 3900x

I'm trying to install a MacOS VM to run Logic Pro but I haven't been successful. The best I can get is an install with Macinabox that freezes on the Apple logo no matter which version I installed. I've looked through the guides on how to do it and they're either outdated, or the settings/XML doesn't match up to what I'm seeing on my system and I don't know what's important.

Would anybody be able to walk me through setting one up?

My desire is to have Ventura or Sonoma with pass-through USB for an audio interface, but no GPU. I have two systems available.

AMD Ryzen 3900x
Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite V2
6.12.10 Plus
Main docker host
NAS host
vms
 - Windows 10 - dev maachine
 - Windows 2019 - test server

AMD Ryzen 7900x
Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
6.12.10 Basic
vms
 - Windows 10 w/ GTX 980 TI and USB passthrough - main desktop

Have you managed to have any success? 

I'd like to do the same as you, plus have a little fun with Garageband. I managed to boot into BigSur and updated it to Sonoma, but now it gets to the log in screen and won't accept any input. 

If you have a look at the Macinabox thread, towards the end you'll see some references to an earlier post that I found useful. You might too. It involved a couple small changes to the XML. 

Let me know how you go!

• 3 weeks later...

I've retried it with several os versions (Big Sur, Sonoma, etc.) and all that happens is that it reboots back to the boot screen part way through the install.

I've read the guides and modified the XML (removing CPU pinning, changing USB to 7 ports instead of 15, added the extra stuff at the bottom) but even with nothing passed through it won't get to the install screen.

I'm just going to assume that it's not compatible with something in my hardware.