[SOLVED] No web interface available

I've been running a solid unRaid system for quite some time now but had a bit of a hiccup today. I went to access the server web management interface and I couldn't get to it at all. Firefox says "Connection reset". Unmenu works just fine, but if I try to load the main unRaid page, I get an error. I rebooted the server and still nothing. All of my other stuff is running just fine (sabnzbd, sickbeard, mysql, crashplan, etc.) and I can access the samba shares, but no web management. I didn't see anything funny in the syslog, but I'm certainly no expert at reading it.

syslog attached.

syslog.txt

certainly not a fix, but I have the same thing happen to me occasionally and I notice if I access all of my user shares, which in turn spins up all the drives, that I will then be able to access the web GUI.  No clue why this is or why this even happens (I can telnet, ftp, access user shares, whatever, but no web GUI).

This started happening to me in 4.6 (which was when I also expanded from a total of 16 disks to 20 - not sure if this was the catalyst for the issue though or if it was the version or something completely else) and is still happening to me in 4.7.  It's not a big deal for me, but I do wonder what is going on...

certainly not a fix, but I have the same thing happen to me occasionally and I notice if I access all of my user shares, which in turn spins up all the drives, that I will then be able to access the web GUI.  No clue why this is or why this even happens (I can telnet, ftp, access user shares, whatever, but no web GUI).

This started happening to me in 4.6 (which was when I also expanded from a total of 16 disks to 20 - not sure if this was the catalyst for the issue though or if it was the version or something completely else) and is still happening to me in 4.7.  It's not a big deal for me, but I do wonder what is going on...

Thanks for the try Nate. Still nada though.

Do I need to file some sort of official help ticket at this point?

Safe Mode with Networking = Success

Can anyone let me know why? Was it some sort of update that killed my access to the Unraid Web GUI specifically?

EDIT: Turns out it was Eset SmartSecurity which I installed a few weeks back. I had to go in and make some pretty explicit allowances. Any ideas why it was just the Unraid interface it had issues with?

Safe Mode with Networking = Success

Can anyone let me know why? Was it some sort of update that killed my access to the Unraid Web GUI specifically?

EDIT: Turns out it was Eset SmartSecurity which I installed a few weeks back. I had to go in and make some pretty explicit allowances. Any ideas why it was just the Unraid interface it had issues with?

i'm glad you figured this out, i was just about to tell you that ESET is causing the problem... i'm not sure why, but if you change the root password, ESET is not happy with the webserver... sucks because there is no warning or anything, obviously makes you think the problem is with the unraid server, or the webserver, or something.

Maybe something to do with the pop-up password prompt?

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You... I am running ESET SmartSecurity - I never would have guessed that.

I wonder what setting ESET has where it will allow me to access the webgui thru 8080 w/unmenu, but not the regular 80 http port on my one computer.

I wonder what setting ESET has where it will allow me to access the webgui thru 8080 w/unmenu, but not the regular 80 http port on my one computer.

It wasn't even a port 80 thing. I even changed the default port for the web gui to something random as part of my troubleshooting and it still didn't work. Even tried temporarily disabling the Eset firewall and AV protection. It wasn't until I white listed the small DHCP range of my internal network that it allowed access.

• 3 weeks later...

I was having this same problem I could type my IP in my android tablet , Android phone , iPod and every time get the web management . However on all my windows PC's I got nothing so got me thinking and it was my bit defender security software once I uninstalled that it work fine. I messed around with the settings in my security software .I turn everything off firewall,antivirus, ect  and its installed I can't get the web management . Once uninstalled the software I can access it.