disk takes long time to unmount - sometimes it won't unmount at all...

hi,

i have this volume that always took more time to unmount, and recently i was not able to unmount it at all (i waited like 10 minutes before manual reset).

it's always the same volume - disk5 "DOWNLOADS" (it one of the WD1000FYPS drives - 5 years old). it's one disk, one share on a disk.

also i have SABnzbd downloading to this volume - maybe it's related, but i did turn off sabnzbd when i saw that it takes too much time to unmount the volume.

I used this drive on different controllers - i do think that it takes more time to unmount this volume from psi-x controller (now it sits on Addaptec AAR1220SA), but on onboard controller it also gave me trouble in the past.

what could have cause this?

Thanx!

my spects:

Unraid 4.7

MB - ASUS Maximus Formula

CPU-intel Q6600

Controllers - 6 onboard SATA II (ICH9R), Addaptec AAR1430SA x2, Addaptec AAR1220SA x1.

drive bay - SNT 5.25 - 5 drives  X3

Drives - 3x WD1000FYPS , 3x WD2000EARS, 2x WD2000EARX

Flash drive - SanDisk Crueser Edge 4gb

PSU - Corsair AX850

• 7 months later...

Personally I don't download torrents to shares, but other family members do (from another computer), what's interesting is that hdd I designated for them are unmounting really fast (without pausing downloads). The most problematic hdd is no.5 :) its indeed for downloads (my personal) - but I don't download to it from my Mac - subnzbd installed on unraid does, I'll try shutting subnzbd down before unmounting - but I'm not sure itll help though - I recall already trying that, and also if I shut down unraid I think it first shuts down all plugins anyway and then unmounts...

next time it happens do the following

lsof | grep mnt

That will list if there are any files open in the /mnt path.

As long as there is an open connection, it will not unmount.

Even being in a telnet session and lets say you are in the share, it will not unmount until you exit the telnet or cd to a non-share directory

next time it happens do the following

lsof | grep mnt

That will list if there are any files open in the /mnt path.

As long as there is an open connection, it will not unmount.

Even being in a telnet session and lets say you are in the share, it will not unmount until you exit the telnet or cd to a non-share directory

This is why I now use a drive outside of unraid (not even a cache drive), so that I can still get great internal transfer speeds moving downloads off the "download drive" into the array (usually cache first).  look at the SNAP plugin if your not comfortable installing a drive outside the array.

Archived