After Time Computer Remains On But Becomes Inaccessible

I can leave my computer alone for long spans of time and everything is fine, but other times it stops working. The computer remains powered but I can't log into the web interface. I have to turn the computer off and back on. When it's back on I don't see, and can't find any errors.

Any ideas on what might cause this and where I can look to see what happened?

My motherboard is an ASRock Industrial IMB-1314 and my CPU is an i5-12600K if that helps.

You are likely to get better informed feedback if you attach your system’s diagnostics zip file to your next post in this thread. It is always a good idea when asking questions to supply your diagnostics so we can see details of your system, how you have things configured, and the current syslog.

The syslog in the diagnostics is the RAM copy and only shows what happened since the reboot.   It could be worth enabling the syslog server to get a log that survives a reboot so we can see what happened prior to the reboot. The mirror to flash option is the easiest to set up, but if you are worried about excessive wear on the flash drive you can put your server’s address into the Remote Server field.

Posted (edited)

Awesome, thank you! I've enabled syslog server mirroring to my array to be able to look at it if it happens again.

Is mirroring to the array acceptable, or is it much better to mirror to the flash drive?

Also, as I was typing up the post, it made me suspect maybe the computer was having issues going into and recovering from sleep mode. I also have an AMD server and I know I needed to make some BIOS changes for that given a bug AMD had. Since I have an Intel processor and motherboard, are there any known sleep issues or unraid settings I should preemptivly take a look at?

Edited by jhugh