Array drives missing

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Looking for some help with missing array drives.  I upgraded my machine and the new motherboard has 2 SlimSAS (PCIe Gen4 x4 / 4 SATA3) connectors that are connected to my drives.  I can see all my array drives in the bios but in unRaid the OS says they are missing.  What am I missing?

My previous server used an LSI HBA card to run the array.  Is there a setting somewhere that I need to flip to get unRaid to see the drives again?  Really hope I don't have to continue running the LSI card as the SlimSAS was one of the reasons I purchased this board. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Solution
07:00.0 SATA controller [0106]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] FCH SATA Controller [AHCI mode] [1022:7901] (rev 91)
    Subsystem: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] FCH SATA Controller [AHCI mode] [1022:d892]
    Kernel driver in use: vfio-pci
    Kernel modules: ahci
07:00.1 SATA controller [0106]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] FCH SATA Controller [AHCI mode] [1022:7901] (rev 91)
    Subsystem: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] FCH SATA Controller [AHCI mode] [1022:d892]
    Kernel driver in use: vfio-pci
    Kernel modules: ahci

These controllers are bound to vfio-pci, unbind them.

Motherboard groupings are controlled by the chipset. There are some options you can try to break up the groups, but they don't always work and can produce instability in rare cases.

Play around with the various PCIe ACS override: options in the vm manager settings. If you find a setting that seems to work, read up on it to check for signs that it's causing other issues before you run that way long term.

If you can't get it working with those options, a different motherboard may be the only solution.