Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8 with Gigabyte 880ga ud3h motherboard

Nitram

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Supermicro SASLP 8 port controller on the Gigabyte 880ga ud3h motherboard.  Specifically in the PCIe 16x slot?  I have written Gigabyte as well but no response from them yet as to whether it will work in that slot or not..

Thanks for your responses

N.

• 4 weeks later...

I have not yet purchased the controller as I was waiting to hear from someone on if it would work in the first x16 slot on the motherboard.

Slarco, have you installed the controller in the x16 slot and achieved satisfactory performance with the controller in this slot? 

Gigabyte did get back to me and informed me that the x16 slot is for video cards only but the controller would likely work in the x4 slot though.

Would you please tell me of your success (or not) using the SASLP MV8 controller in the x16 slot on this particular motherboard?

Thanks for your interest.

N.

I have not yet purchased the controller as I was waiting to hear from someone on if it would work in the first x16 slot on the motherboard.

Slarco, have you installed the controller in the x16 slot and achieved satisfactory performance with the controller in this slot? 

Gigabyte did get back to me and informed me that the x16 slot is for video cards only but the controller would likely work in the x4 slot though.

Would you please tell me of your success (or not) using the SASLP MV8 controller in the x16 slot on this particular motherboard?

Thanks for your interest.

N.

right now i can't get it to work either on the 16x or the 4x slot.  I been reading and it seems to be a problem with the .21 bios on the sas card. Also read that should work fine on the 16x slot.

Im waiting for some one to give me some help xD

I flashed the mobo bios to the latest version and the card bios to the older version (.15N).

Now the card works only on the x4 slot. No love from the x16 slot. (this is without any drive attached to the card)

As soon as i attached any drive to the sas card im back to the black scren. The HDD's are detected on the card bios and showing as ready on the card led.

Tried with INT13 enabled & disabled

x4 and x16 slot

still no luck

Any idea???

• 3 weeks later...

Now the card works only on the x4 slot. No love from the x16 slot. (this is without any drive attached to the card)

What happens when installed in the x16 slot? If there are 2 of the x16 slots try both. My saslp only worked in one of the slots. If I added any other hba none would work.

My GB motherboard, different model, reconfigures the boot order every time I add a drive. Generalz may have nailed your boot issue.

Archived