• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Was this something that was planned to be incorporated into the GUI or only FTP via terminal/SSH?

Yeah I'm a total *nix noob and a GUI for the FTP function would be wonderful. Please.

Same here. I tried getting FTP to work via the command line with 4.7 and never could figure it all out. Never could get users setup probably with permissions on only certain shares.

Was this something that was planned to be incorporated into the GUI or only FTP via terminal/SSH?

Looks like FTP server functionality is there and working in a default rc5 install.  You should be able to FTP to your unRAID server and log in as one of your users and see your disks and user shares.  What are you expecting to see from a GUI?

Looks like FTP server functionality is there and working in a default rc5 install.  You should be able to FTP to your unRAID server and log in as one of your users and see your disks and user shares.  What are you expecting to see from a GUI?

I think when I posted originally I was interested in the ability to use the WebUI as a basic FTP client, as this was how I used to do a lot of my downloading and considering it is on 24/7 anyway, this made sense. It's good to know that unRAID has FTP server access though, I guess a GUI isn't really necessary when used as a server. Thanks :)