ncdid setup for Unraid

I'd like to get ncidd running on my UnRaid as it is always on, and I like being able to get my caller ID fllashed up on my SageTV screen if watching a show.

It looks like I'd need to compile it for Slackware, then install the perl package?  I've seen a thread on here with instructions on how to get perl installed, so I can handle that.  But what about compiling ncidd?  I have a ubuntu box, would that work?

Any of you Linux experts out there think this could work?  I use Vonage for my phone network and have my adapter on the same switch as UnRaid so I it should be able to see the SIP packets.

If you think this could work, I'll give it a shot.

thanks,

Any of you Linux experts out there think this could work?  I use Vonage for my phone network and have my adapter on the same switch as UnRaid so I it should be able to see the SIP packets.

This isn't necessarily true. A switch directs traffic through specific ports based on target mac address.

Unless the sip packets are targetted to a station or are broadcast packets your other machine may not see them.

I've always thought that you need some sort of modem or carller id interface to do this (at least on one machine).

Have you gotten this to work on the ubuntu box? If so, then getting it to run on slackware is a possibility.

see snippet

# Supported Caller ID Input:

The server can obtain the CID information from the following:

* Modem: Must support CallerID

* NetCallerID: A CallerID stand alone serial device

* SIP Gateway: A gateway that obtains Caller ID from SIP network packets and sends it to the server as a CID message

* YAC Gateway: A YAC listener that obtains Caller ID and sends it to the server as a CID message. Used to obtain Caller ID from a modem running under windows.

But what about compiling ncidd?  I have a ubuntu box, would that work?

As long as the cpu & library architecture is the same it could work.

If there are many dependent libraries then this could bring up issues.

I quickly brought it down and compiled it, it seems there will not be too much trouble with dependant libs

rcotrone@slacky:~/src/ncid$ ldd ncid ncidd

ncid:

not a dynamic executable

ncidd:

linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xffffe000)

libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0xb7e94000)

/lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xb7fe3000)

It's too big for me to attach the compiled source tree.

after compiling and bringing over the program run a ldd (programname) to see if everything resolves.