Some SSD Deals...

OCZ Vertex 3 VTX3-25SAT3-90G 2.5" 90GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

$70 after MIR  and  FS  $.77/GB - here

Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F180GB3-BK 2.5" 180GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

$145 after MIR and FS $.81/GB - Here

Corsair Force Series GT CSSD-F120GBGT-BK 2.5" 120GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

$100 after MIR and FS $.83/GB - here

The OCZ V3 is probably a great deal at$.77/GB..  I'm just looking for a bigger drive..  But it might work for a regular desktop.

I think I might pull the trigger on the force  GT!  I wish had more money to spend!!! :D

OCZ Vertex 3 VTX3-25SAT3-90G 2.5" 90GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

$70 after MIR  and  FS  $.77/GB - here

Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F180GB3-BK 2.5" 180GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

$145 after MIR and FS $.81/GB - Here

Corsair Force Series GT CSSD-F120GBGT-BK 2.5" 120GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

$100 after MIR and FS $.83/GB - here

The OCZ V3 is probably a great deal at$.77/GB..  I'm just looking for a bigger drive..  But it might work for a regular desktop.

I think I might pull the trigger on the force  GT!  I wish had more money to spend!!! :D

Is the force GT one of the Corsair drives with the Marvell chipsets that has the automated garbage collection?

They do, but the efficiency rates of the garbage collection varies quite dramatically.  Drives with the Marvell chipset are the only ones that get anywhere near the performance level of having TRIM in a non-TRIM OS.

Not that I doubt you..  But can you site an article that shows that?  I'd be interested to see how different they are...

Thanks,

jim