[SOLVED]Sabnzbd post processing worked... now....

Greets and Thanks everyone for your vast knowledge, has helped more times then I can count.  Im fairly noob when it comes to unraid.  Thought Id jump head in.

Finally got Sabnzbd to work properly with post processing.  For some reason as of 3am my sab history shows errors with regards to processing with autoprocesstv.py

any tips on checking that timeframe

Ive checked syslog in unmenu and cant seem to see before this

Jun 12 04:40:01 Tower55 syslogd 1.4.1: restart.

Jun 12 06:00:01 Tower55 logger: mover started

Jun 12 06:00:01 Tower55 logger: moving Downloads/

thanks  I know im vague atm trying to learn...

sorry how would you get a readout or logfile?

ok update tried

cp /var/log/syslog /boot/syslog.txt

read the file but still only starts at 4am like in the orginal post, how does one look up older logs, and if I need to have it enabled...how do I enable it to save logs from now on.

thanks

**update 2

so the option for scripts has resulted to default. which is nothing.  The folder settings have not been changed from /mnt/cache/.custom/sickbeard/autoProcessTV/

but now that ive moved it over to the flash drive for peace of mind it shows up automatically.  I think this is my problem but im afraid that with a setting I dont know about each reboot will cause it to not be able to read it.

damn

If you are using Sickbeard to send things to Sabnzbd, you should use the SabtoSickBeard.py script with the category set to "tv". It will use the same settings as autoProcessTV.cfg. You really do not want to store these programs on the flash drive. They write a lot, and will kill it quickly.

If you transfer them back and you can't see the scripts anymore, try telneting in and running these 2 commands:

chmod -R 777 /mnt/cache/.custom/sickbeard/

chmod -R 777 /mnt/cache/.custom/sabnzbd/

This is assuming you are storing them in the .custom folder on the cache drive.

one last question.

Lets forecast a bad ssd ( cache drive ) since Ive now gone through 5 rma with wd greens just with tri-preclear attempts.  How does one make a clone/exact image of all items in /mnt/cache disk ?or is it easier just to make a backup copy of those folders in cache dir

thanks

*update

ok downloaded several diff files with settings changed to 775 and...still cant access folders.

*update 2

so decided to check the permissions of those folders and the first two i looked at were

drwxrwx--- 1 root  root    216 2012-06-13 18:59 Alvin\ &\ the\ Chipmunks/

drwxrwx--- 1 nobody users  256 2012-05-14 07:08 Blue\ Bloods/

alvin was a new tv folder made by sickbeard and blue bloods was an older folder. 

should I add;

cd /mnt/cache/.custom/sickbeard/autoProcessTV/

chmod +x sabtosickbeard.py

and a portion(cant remember the post that had teh script) to fix the folder permissions in the go script? but will that fix this problem every time sickbeard creates a folder or sabnzbd moves a download?

one last question.

Lets forecast a bad ssd ( cache drive ) since Ive now gone through 5 rma with wd greens just with tri-preclear attempts.  How does one make a clone/exact image of all items in /mnt/cache disk ?or is it easier just to make a backup copy of those folders in cache dir

thanks

*update

ok downloaded several diff files with settings changed to 775 and...still cant access folders.

*update 2

so decided to check the permissions of those folders and the first two i looked at were

drwxrwx--- 1 root  root    216 2012-06-13 18:59 Alvin\ &\ the\ Chipmunks/

drwxrwx--- 1 nobody users  256 2012-05-14 07:08 Blue\ Bloods/

alvin was a new tv folder made by sickbeard and blue bloods was an older folder. 

should I add;

cd /mnt/cache/.custom/sickbeard/autoProcessTV/

chmod +x sabtosickbeard.py

and a portion(cant remember the post that had teh script) to fix the folder permissions in the go script? but will that fix this problem every time sickbeard creates a folder or sabnzbd moves a download?

It seems like you are running the plugins as "root". Make sure you are not using the root user for anything but telnet and the web GUI, in the latest 5.0 RC he made it impossible to use root for other things. I have my shares set to public, so it uses "nobody". Make sure your mapped drives or however you access your data are not using the "root" login too. If you have a shared network, then create another user with a password and use that.

Set plugins to disabled, re-run those chown commands above for sabnzbd/sickbeard, set user to "nobody", and then re-enable. Reason I say run the chown commands again is i've had issues where the plugin would hang if I didn't. I'm not sure on the difference between 775 and 777. Running the plugins as "nobody" and 777 has never given me permission issues when my shares are set to "public".

You may need to re-run the permissions script in 5.0 because anything that was modified by root will not be accessible by anything else, and i'm sure you have quite a few files on there that were.

ok started fresh, fresh install of rc4 wiped the flash drive.  Installed sab, sickbeard and same problem.  Everything is installed and running properly except for sickbeard creating folders as root so I cant access again without using the permissions utility.  Yes I installed and setup the apps after users were added.

Im stuck dont understand where I went wrong.