August 11Aug 11 My Share setting are as this min free space 585.5 GB I only have an array so that's set. Allocation method Most Free. Problem It is only using disk 1 and disk 5 and filling them up 100%. This seems to have started ever sense unraid OS version 7.3.2 was installed. It used to use all 6 drives before so something is not working as it should. lowebackup-diagnostics-20260811-1009.zip
August 11Aug 11 Is your split level set right? For Example if your directory is Media/Movies you would need to split top 2 directories. If TV is Media/TV/Season# you would need to split top 3 directories. Edited August 11Aug 11 by Gragorg
August 11Aug 11 Community Expert I would think that your problem is due to setting a very restrictive Split Level setting. In the event of contention between settings for selecting a target drive the Split Level Setting always wins.
August 11Aug 11 Author I just set it to Auto spilt any dir as required it wasn't set to that I think that was it. thanks. It was set to that setting I don't remember how it got changed but it's now at that setting. I'll monitor it and see if it starts using all 6 6TB hhds again. Edited August 11Aug 11 by Cobragt88
August 11Aug 11 Community Expert 2 hours ago, Cobragt88 said:Allocation method Most FreeThis is the least efficient setting. Highwater is default because it will allow all disks to get used eventually, without constantly switching disks just because one disk temporarily has more free space than another.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.