[SOLVED] Please help me...

make this transition to a new server. I have an Unraid 5.14b server with 1 parity and 2 data drives. Everything is working perfectly as far as I know. Trouble is, my HP Proliant ML110 G6 is limited in expansion so I have built a new server with expansion in mind (using Raj recommendations mostly). My question is can I just move the drives over to the new server with the same exact config, i.e. parity, disk1, disk2. When I built the new server, new parity, new disk1 and 2 were installed and tested and everything is working. Note that I have 2 sets of parity, disk1 and disk2 drives. My intent is to move the original drives into the new server and use the new drives as additional data drives since they were all precleared and tested.

I do not want to lose the data on disk1 and disk2 in my original HP server.

So can I just stop the array in the new server, power down and installed the original drives. Boot up and setup the new configuration with assigning the proper drives to their id i.e. parity, disk1, disk2, 4 and 5 will be the new drives. Is there something else I should do before I mess up.

Thank you so much. I have 2 data drives full of music and movies and do not want to lose it. I was having both servers going but would like to simplify my life (or complicate it further) by combining them into one.

Wait... so all 4 data drives have stuff you don't want to lose? If that's the case, you'll need to rebuild parity.

Only the original disk1 and disk2 data drives (3TB drives) have data that I do not want to lose. The newer disks ( 1 and 2 TB drives) have only test data and movies that were duplicates so can be deleted.

Oh. In that case if it were me I'd move the original disks with parity intact to the new system, make sure it comes up ok, run a parity check, then preclear the 2 new drives and only add them after a successful preclear. That way you should stay protected with your original array data intact with the least amount of downtime. You can continue to use the original array disks while the new drives preclear.