Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Unraid

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Unraid Server will freeze and can only be pinged

Featured Replies

Hello,

I need some help with an issue that has been coming up every so often.

Sometimes, my server will be running fine and then it seems like anything accessing it will freeze. I am not able to access it through the webGUI, SSH, and any remote apps like Plex also loose connection.

The only way to regain access is to manually restart it. Everytime I check syslog to see what happened, it will only show me from the boot up.

I did setup a container on another PC that tests the connection between it and the server using ping and the webpage. If it loses connection, it notifies me.

I have tried setting up a syslog server on the other PC but it doesn't seem to want to work through my network.

I am looking for any suggestions to make the syslogs persist through a manual restart (Either pushing the power button or loss of power). Once I am able to get those logs, I may need some help decoding those logs to figure out what exactly is causing it to totally freeze on me.

I should also mention that the server is headless and doesn't have a connection to hook up a monitor.

  • Community Expert

As you have found the syslog in the diagnostics is the RAM copy and only shows what happened since the reboot.   Enabling the syslog server to get a log that survives a reboot so we can see what happened prior to the reboot is the correct thing to do. The mirror to flash option is the easiest to set up, but if you are worried about excessive wear on the flash drive you can put your server’s address into the Remote Server field.

If you are not sure how to do this post a screenshot of your syslog settings so we can advise you what you might have wrong.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.