How do you set AD permissions

I'm not a linux/samba expert, but I do know some of the basics, so I'm a bit at sea here. I'm very familiar with AD.

I just upgrade my Unraid box to Pro so I could start using AD to manage my shares. I have joined the box to the domain, but can't find ANY decent information on how to set or manage permissions

First off, I can't get any of my existing shares to work under AD. None of the pre-existing shares are accessible to anyone. What combination of permissions/config changes are needed to make them available.

Second, when I create a new share it is set up with a default set of permissions, and I can't find any way to change them. I can access/read/write the new share, but so can everyone else. I want to be able to grant access to specific users and groups, allow certain users to have read/write access, etc. None of this seems to be documented in any way, and I haven't found the "magic" forum post/blog entry that has a solution.

So, how can I make my existing shares available through AD, and how do you add/remove/change access and permissions on shares?

I'm making some headway, but so far I'm finding that AD support is still pretty useless on Unraid.

Using a combination of chmod, chown and setfacls, I've been able to make my existing data readable to AD users. However, I can't find a way to grant rights on a granular basis. If they aren't the owner or in the AD group assigned to the share/file, I can't control access on a user by user basis. This is incredibly inconvenient.

Second is that write access is still hosed. Whenever I try to create a new file from a windows box, it shows up in Windows Explorer as a directory. From the unraid shell, it is a normal file, but windows sees any new files as directories. And after I create the file, I can't write to it any more, even when I am the owner.

So, the current challenges are no user-by-user access rights management, and no new file creation from windows. Would still love to hear from anyone who has AD working properly on UnRaid.