Update Request / update-smart-drivedb

madburg

As of 5.0-rc5, hdparm finally got updated to v9.37 for Sata III and 6.0Gbps interface support. Thanks, long awaited (personally).

unRAID is now just missing the execution of "update-smart-drivedb" (/usr/sbin/update-smart-drivedb) this would auto update the smartmontools drive database everytime unRAID is rebooted to have the latest DB (/usr/share/smartmontools/drivedb.h) as the current one which comes with unRAID is back from 1/27/2011, latest update has about 100 updates for drives (ex. 3TB drives, etc...).

This becomes one less thing to have in a go script and a value add to all.

• 2 weeks later...

I am in two minds about this one. There is alot to be said for everyone having the exact same config and system files. However on the other hand it seems annoying that you cant do something as trivial as grab a new data file to increase support without waiting for a whole new release.

I understand where you are coming from and would agree, but if I am not mistaken that is not a config or system file, as those don't have auto update features. It does not alter smartctrl. It does however bring back a match from the DB for smartctrl to give you details. Anything like an example, preclear, zeron has a smartctrl plugin, simple features, email alerts script that utilize smartctrl to sendout smartcrtl data all benefit by being able to tap into this up to date data.

I meantioned it for the last time for the communities greater good. I will keep mine update via my go script as I have been doing all along. You never get a response from Tom anyway. I reported over a year ago with no response so I was Just blowing hot air in the wind once again. No worries.

Archived