1.5tb disabled disk. Array says it's supposed to be 2tb and won't rebuild.

So this is a weird one.  Looked around the forum and couldn't find anyone who's also run into this issue.  Hopefully one of you can help.

Running 5.12a which, since adding an IBM M1015 (flashed to IT mode) started dropping a drive from the array whenever it goes to sleep and is woken up.  First time it happened, I was able to remove the drive from the array, re-add it and rebuild successfully.  Stopped putting the server to sleep after that and just powered it off and on as needed.  Server's been rock solid for the last 6 months doing it that way.

Unfortunately the other night my better half put the server to sleep accidentally and it dropped the same drive again, a 1.5tb Samsung F2.  This time the array thinks the missing drive is supposed to be 2tb and won't rebuild, because the drive is not large enough. 

Here's my syslog. Disk 7 is the culprit.

www.pygmalionarts.com/unraidsyslog.txt

unraid.jpg 

This is what the array looked like right when it woke up from sleep.  Said everything was online, but noticed several files missing from folders on the network which probably explains the errors.

unraid1.jpg 

Array offline.  Getting drive too small message when trying to add Disk 7 back to the array.

unraid2.jpg

Array online with Disk 7 disabled.  Array thinks it's supposed to be 2TB.

Ignore the drive change from sdl to sdf for Disk 7.  I wanted to move the drive off the IBM M1015 to the onboard SATA to see if that made any difference.  Any ideas how to get unRaid to rebuild or am I going to have to buy a 2TB+ drive? Thanks.

You are running very old firmware (and BIOS) on the M1015 - version P10

Sep 15 15:35:08 Harvey kernel: mpt2sas0: LSISAS2008: FWVersion(10.00.02.00), ChipRevision(0x03), BiosVersion(07.19.00.00)

The newer one is P14 and it may fix some of your problems with sleeping.

In addition your motherboard has a newer bios F12F from Aug.27,2012 and one of the fixes is "Update AHCI ROM 3.1.0.0" - this should also help.

Forgot-move the disk back to the M1015

thanks guys. went ahead and ordered a new 3tb drive as i'm not comfortable leaving the array unprotected if it's not a relatively simple fix, which this doesn't appear to be. if things can return to normal by putting in a 2tb+ disk, then that seems the easiest resolution.

will update the controller and mobo fw once parity's been rebuilt and the new drive's had a few days break in. cheers.

one last update for those who stumble on this thread looking for answers to their own issues.

array is back and parity is rebuilt.  updated M1015 to P14 IT firmware and bios.  Updated mobo bios to 12f and updated unRaid to latest RC5 build.  Sleep is now functional again without dropping a drive.  Changing onboard SATA to AHCI mode from IDE caused unRaid to freeze while booting.  Had to set it back to IDE mode. Otherwise everything is running better than ever.