[SOLVED]noob question, Cache drive full, not moving to shares

Hi,

I'm pretty new to unraid/unix/ssh everything :P

So I used some used hard drives for my server, started with a new and a parity drive then copied files from my computer then added the drives to the array. So I had a parity drive (3TB) and 4x2TB drives in the array. I have SABnzbd sickbeard, couchpotato installed in a share called apps which is restricted to disk1.

I have version 5.0 rc5 with the following shares:

• Downloads - Split Level 2
  • Movies - Split Level 1
  • Tv Shows - Split Level 1

I recently added a 120gb cache drive and set the above shares to use it. My cache disk is now full (I went on a downloading spree) but it seems to not be moving over to the array disks. Any ideas? I have gone through the FAQ and searched the forums but couldn't understand what to do.  :(

EDIT: I found this in the log on SimpleFeatures

Sep 30 17:09:51 Box shfs/user: shfs_write: write: (28) No space left on device

Sep 30 17:09:51 Box shfs/user: shfs_write: write: (28) No space left on device

Sep 30 17:11:02 Box emhttp: shcmd (168): crontab -c /etc/cron.d -d &> /dev/null

I don't see anything bad in the settings or the log, but it's hard to sort through with the add-ons throwing so much stuff in there and the constant dupe file from the .DS_Store files. You didn't shut down cleanly last time though. I also saw what appeared to be something writing to /mnt/cache/Downloads (I think it was that location). Try using /mnt/user/Downloads instead. Set the free space for the share larger than the largest file you'll use. That way, the files go to the cache till it's full and then go to the array.

I saw this but don't know why;

Sep 26 03:40:01 Box logger: mover started

Sep 26 03:40:01 Box logger: skipping */

Sep 26 03:40:01 Box logger: mover finished

Hopefully, someone else has an idea.

I don't see anything bad in the settings or the log, but it's hard to sort through with the add-ons throwing so much stuff in there and the constant dupe file from the .DS_Store files.

Is there any way to stop these files being left on the server?

You didn't shut down cleanly last time though.

Power went off in our area :( But I let the parity check run

I also saw what appeared to be something writing to /mnt/cache/Downloads (I think it was that location). Try using /mnt/user/Downloads instead.

I don't know what that would be SABnzbd is set to download to mnt/user/Downloads.

Set the free space for the share larger than the largest file you'll use. That way, the files go to the cache till it's full and then go to the array.

Just did this so will see how it goes, clicked "Move Now" and this came up in the log:

Oct 1 12:18:25 Box emhttp: shcmd (206): /usr/local/sbin/mover |& logger &
Oct 1 12:18:26 Box shfs/user: cache disk full

I'm guessing that this is an add-on configuration problem. See my sig to disable add-ons. Then see if the mover works.

Doing that now. Do I need to restart?

FYI SABnzbd, Sickbeard, Couchpotato Data directory is /mnt/disk1/apps/, install directory is /usr/local/

Yes.

Ok done, the log is running at the moment. Downloads minimum free space is set to 30GB is this ok?

looks like rsync is showing up in the log with all the SABnzbd admin files.

Failed: exec format error?

Oct 1 15:32:20 Box logger: rsync: get_xattr_data: lgetxattr("TV Shows","user.org.netatalk.supports-eas.5gyQyR",0) failed: Exec format error (
Oct 1 15:32:20 Box logger: >f+++++++++ TV Shows/One Tree Hill/Season 6/6x16 - Screenwriter's Blues.nfo
Oct 1 15:32:20 Box logger: rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1042) [sender=3.0.7]
Oct 1 15:32:20 Box logger: ./TV Shows/One Tree Hill/Season 6/6x16 - Screenwriter's Blues.tbn
Oct 1 15:32:20 Box logger: rsync: get_xattr_data: lgetxattr("TV Shows","user.org.netatalk.supports-eas.5gyQyR",0) failed: Exec format error (
Oct 1 15:32:20 Box logger: >f+++++++++ TV Shows/One Tree Hill/Season 6/6x16 - Screenwriter's Blues.tbn
Oct 1 15:32:20 Box logger: rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1042) [sender=3.0.7]
Oct 1 15:32:20 Box logger: ./TV Shows/One Tree Hill/Season 6/6x11 - We Three (My Echo, My Shadow and Me).mkv
Oct 1 15:32:20 Box logger: >f+++++++++ TV Shows/One Tree Hill/Season 6/6x11 - We Three (My Echo, My Shadow and Me).mkv
Oct 1 15:33:00 Box logger: rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1042) [sender=3.0.7]
Oct 1 15:33:00 Box logger: ./TV Shows/One Tree Hill/Season 6/6x11 - We Three (My Echo, My Shadow and Me).nfo
Oct 1 15:33:00 Box logger: rsync: get_xattr_data: lgetxattr("TV Shows","user.org.netatalk.supports-eas.5gyQyR",0) failed: Exec format error (
Oct 1 15:33:00 Box logger: >f+++++++++ TV Shows/One Tree Hill/Season 6/6x11 - We Three (My Echo, My Shadow and Me).nfo
Oct 1 15:33:01 Box logger: rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1042) [sender=3.0.7]
Oct 1 15:33:01 Box logger: ./TV Shows/One Tree Hill/Season 6/6x11 - We Three (My Echo, My Shadow and Me).tbn
Oct 1 15:33:01 Box logger: rsync: get_xattr_data: lgetxattr("TV Shows","user.org.netatalk.supports-eas.5gyQyR",0) failed: Exec format error (
Oct 1 15:33:01 Box logger: >f+++++++++ TV Shows/One Tree Hill/Season 6/6x11 - We Three (My Echo, My Shadow and Me).tbn
Oct 1 15:33:01 Box logger: rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1042) [sender=3.0.7]
Oct 1 15:33:01 Box logger: ./TV Shows/One Tree Hill/Season 6/6x06 - Choosing My Own Way of Life.mkv
Oct 1 15:33:01 Box logger: rsync: get_xattr_data: lgetxattr("TV Shows","user.org.netatalk.supports-eas.5gyQyR",0) failed: Exec format error (
Oct 1 15:33:01 Box logger: >f+++++++++ TV Shows/One Tree Hill/Season 6/6x06 - Choosing My Own Way of Life.mkv
Oct 1 15:33:39 Box logger: rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1042) [sender=3.0.7]
Oct 1 15:33:39 Box logger: ./TV Shows/One Tree Hill/Season 6/6x06 - Choosing My Own Way of Life.nfo
Oct 1 15:33:39 Box logger: rsync: get_xattr_data: lgetxattr("TV Shows","user.org.netatalk.supports-eas.5gyQyR",0) failed: Exec format error (
Oct 1 15:33:39 Box logger: >f+++++++++ TV Shows/One Tree Hill/Season 6/6x06 - Choosing My Own Way of Life.nfo
Oct 1 15:33:39 Box logger: rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1042) [sender=3.0.7]
Oct 1 15:33:39 Box logger: ./TV Shows/One Tree Hill/Season 6/6x06 - Choosing My Own Way of Life.tbn
Oct 1 15:33:39 Box logger: rsync: get_xattr_data: lgetxattr("TV Shows","user.org.netatalk.supports-eas.5gyQyR",0) failed: Exec format error (
Oct 1 15:33:39 Box logger: >f+++++++++ TV Shows/One Tree Hill/Season 6/6x06 - Choosing My Own Way of Life.tbn
Oct 1 15:33:39 Box logger: ./TV Shows/One Tree Hill/Season 6/6x24 - Remember Me As a Time of Day.mkv
Oct 1 15:33:39 Box logger: >f+++++++++ TV Shows/One Tree Hill/Season 6/6x24 - Remember Me As a Time of Day.mkv

New min Free space:

Downloads - 30GB

Movies - 25GB

TV Shows 5GB

EDIT: added veriosn (5.0 RC5) to OP

syslog_2.zip

It looks like some things moved. But there are still add-ons running. Is one of then writing to the cache? Please disable all add-ons. See my sig.

I followed your sig earlier to a "t". Rebooted and as far as I can tell there is no addons running. Oh yeah It looks like it moved 1GB

Before I do that I looked further into the files on the cache drive. Those files were also on a disk in the array, would this stop them being moved?

no.  You need to set the min-free settings on the user-shares to a value about  twice that of the largest file being moved.  It is in kB.

You have it set to zero.  There is always room for a zero length file, but you run soon after as it is appended for the copy.

Joe L.