SimpleFeatures not installing

Did a quick search and couldn't find anything specific to this

Trying to install SimpleFeatures on a testbuild to try it out.  Made a new flash with v5.0-rc8a with unmenu.  Booted and everything seems fine.  Downloaded SimpleFeatures zip files and made a plugins dir inside the config dir, copied all files form the unziped SimpleFeatures file.  When I rebooted, I see the following:

wget: unable to resolve host address 'unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com'

12 times - one for each plg file.

I pinged unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com from the server and got a responses from 74.125.142.82

Upon reboot, it should automatically download all the necessary files and install them right?

There's a simpleFeatures directory under plugins, but it is empty.

Ok, tried manual install of the core pkg and it seems to work.  Do I have to manually invoke installplg for each plugin?

Thanks

Ed

Not quite sure what's been changed lately but I had the exact same issue you were describing. Solved or rather circumvented it using the following telnet command:

installplg /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures.core.webGUI-1.0.5-noarch-1.plg

Off course you will have already copied the plg file in directory /boot/config/plugins/ before running the code above.

Hope this helps while real experts find a real fix.

Next version will have a workaround to allow installation of the plugins upon reboot.

Problem lies within unraid itself; the network may not be fully operational yet when plugins need to be downloaded (depends on your network settings).

Note that a local copy is placed on your flash, so once a manual install is performed then a next reboot will read the local copy instead and does not initiate a remote download.

Thanks guys,

As noted above, I manually installed and it was able to download the pkg and install successfully and I see the local copy on the flash.  The confusing thing was I would log in as root (directly on the server, not telnet) and was able to ping the address on googlecode.

Regards