First build - 4 HDDs - drive 1 now full -why cant I get data onto drives 2,3 & 4

eas4uk

Hi

Apologies unraid newbie alert

Have just set up first HP N40L microserver and so far have 4 2tb WD EARX drives installed - all precleared 3 times fine no problems

Bought the pro licence on Sat PM - again fine set up no problem

Started copying over my files yesterday and hit a problem in that drive 1 is full, but I dont seem to be able to get unraid to move any data on to drives 2 3 and 4

I only have 1 share (media) split level 1, left min space blank, and have also tried it as 50gb (to cover bluray rips) still no good

Any help greatly appreciated

I got a little excited when I first setup my unRaid. As I was copying stuff, I would check the status again and again to see the drives fill up. As it turns out, unRaid doesn't start using other drives until one is half full. You mentioned one drive was totally full though - right?.

Are you copying stuff to the unRaid server that's a User Share, or directly to disk2 or something?

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/UnRAID_Manual#User_shares

Its a user share - the only one I set up - and yes its filled one the one drive but not touched the other 2 i have allocated

I think I now understand the split level - and it would appear I need 3 not 1!  Have updated and will test later!

Thank you both for your quick replies -  :)

Archived