Which V5 RC for Unraid server #2???

First Unraid server is on 4.7 humming away with under 300MB of free space. No more space for drives so I bought one of the 2U 12bay servers from AVS forum thread and Tams solutions. I bought a pair of flash drives from Lime Tech with the plus license. I would like to start up the second Unraid server this weekend and have 3 drives greater than 2TB sitting waiting to go into it. So 4.7 isn't really an option so I am looking at the available RC that are there.

So, I have 4.7 on a flash drive with a plus license (which I will upgrade to a pro later) and am curious how to proceed.

1. Which RC should I use? The latest, or is there an earlier RC that's more stable/less buggy (seems many of them are running well)

2. Should I upgrade the 4.7 flash drive before I setup Unraid, or should I get it configured in 4.7 then do the upgrade, or does it matter?

3. Should I upgrade the current server which has six 2TB drives from 4.7 to 5.RC? and replace a few drives with larger drives? - Doesn't seem like a good option.

4. Is there a better way to go about this that I am not considering?

Thanks for any suggestions or answers and hope everyone has a great weekend. Looks like I am going to spend a rainy weekend behind monitors and keyboards updating Unraid and Home theater PCs.

Archived