Quad Core Phenom 945, 8GB XMS3, Gigabyte mobo, 500w, case Barebones kit for $149

OrangePeel

You could try disabling the HPA.  The PS is probably fine.  I never trust any PS fully, unless they're redundant and even then I order a spare.  :)

I don't consider them showstoppers, but ultimately its up to you whether they are or not.  You could try to find out if anyone has been successful in disabling HSA on that mobo.  The PS is a standard run of the mill PS.  You could easily replace it with a Corsair.  If you're not going to run too many HD's, the Corsair 430w builder PS is $20 after rebates at Newegg today.  If you don't want to do those things, then it may not be worth it for you.  :)

Brandon

You could try disabling the HPA.  The PS is probably fine.  I never trust any PS fully, unless they're redundant and even then I order a spare.  :)

I don't consider them showstoppers, but ultimately its up to you whether they are or not.  You could try to find out if anyone has been successful in disabling HSA on that mobo.  The PS is a standard run of the mill PS.  You could easily replace it with a Corsair.  If you're not going to run too many HD's, the Corsair 430w builder PS is $20 after rebates at Newegg today.  If you don't want to do those things, then it may not be worth it for you.  :)

Brandon

Every gigabyte MOBO I've used that has HPA has the ability to disable it.  The issue isn't that so much as it is if the bios gets reset to default (for any reason), and the HPA defaults to ON, you will probably end up with serious issues with your array.