Parity-Sync times[SOLVED]

I started my unraid system yesterday with 3 3TB hdd's all have been pre-cleared. The parity-sync was moving along at around 180MB per second until it got around 90% complete. Since that time, the speed of the parity-sync has been around 1-3MB per second. I'm not at 94% with 1900 minutes remaining. Moving around the web gui and even telneting into the server is sluggish. My patience isnt too bad but I want to make sure this is normal and I'm not just wasting time and did something wrong. I dont know the actual specs but I have an AMD quad core with 8GB or ram. I do have a small 80GB cache drive in it. I did attach a syslog which I looked at and looked and "didnt" see any errors that should cause a slow down not to say there arent any. As I said, I'm new at this and I appreciate any help I get.

syslog.txt

You've got a big problem. My check with 3T drives is around 9.5 hours.

I don't see any file system errors in the log. It doesn't seem like you're having any drive issues.

I saw this one;

Dec 18 00:03:43 Tower unraid-swapfile[5949]: Initiating unRAID swap-file.

Dec 18 00:04:18 Tower kernel: Adding 131068k swap on /boot/.unraid.swapfile.  Priority:-1 extents:1 across:131068k

It's possible this is dogging the speed down badly. Disable it immediately and see what happens. Putting the swap file on the USB drive is a very bad idea. You will quickly kill the flash drive. From what it seems you're running you shouldn't even need a swap file if you have 2gig or more of memory.

Let us know what happens. If you still have issues on a bare bones install then I'd consider trying combos of 2 drives at a time to see if you can spot the bad one. Or start a preclear on all the disks at the same time and watch for one starting to go much slower than the others.

FYI, I've got most of the Simplefeatures stuff, the Python stuff and I'm just starting to run newznab on my server with 2gig of memory and it's still mostly being used as cache.  At one time I was running a BOINC client and both processors running @100% most of the time wasn't hurting it much either.

This problem is solved.  I assume something went wrong. I did exactly what dgaschk since this is a new install. I literally was finished in under 5 hours. I am copying files over to it now while the parity "check" is going on. I have all green lights beside the hdd's. I appreciate all of your help. I will not install the swap. It's time to install my apps again.  ;D