Problem with a Promise SATA/150 controller

scottw

I have a Promise SATA/150 controller installed in my unraid server and every time I boot up the server it asks me to press F1 to continue. After pressing F1 everything is fine. I would like to be able to shutdown the server when not being used (Standby would be better... ;D) but don't want to have to hit F1 everytime I want to bring it up.

According to the manual here:

http://www.seagate.com/staticfiles/maxtor/en_us/documentation/installation_guides/sata_150_pci_card_installation_guide.pdf

on page 10 (or page 14 using the adobe page numbers) it says it will do this but every time? That just seems stupid, I can understand once!!!!!

Anyone know if there is anything I can do about this???

I have an Adaptec 1430a and it has a BIOS screen that is accessed using some obscure control key combination during boot.  I had to fiddle with a few of the settings to turn off the RAID functionality and disable BIOS support (this is from memory - I forget the exact settings I changed).  Your board may have something similar as WeeboTech suggests.

I don't have a long drive discovery process.  I think it is slightly slower than the SuperMicro board.  It takes maybe 10-15 seconds if I remember right.

I do have all 4 ports used.  Not sure if an empty port could cause unusual delays.

Archived