Torrent move automation?

Ok, I'll take it all back, leaving sickbeard to run over my current download directory and post process is actually cleaning up my library rather than duplicating ;D When I looked yesterday there were duplications within xbmc library but this was easily sorted by running a library clean. I've left sickbeard doing it's thing overnight and even though it's still running, when I look into the directory structure of the target, there are no duplications, all files are re-named and .nfo files have been removed. I'm actually quite happy with the result 8)

Looks good. I had a play with Raspbmc for a bit but I really liked the speed of OpenELEC as it doesn't have a Linux dist underneath, just what it needs to run as a MC. Some really neat things in Raspbmc though, gui access to the config file for tuning and tweaking plus it makes it very simple to run from a USB as it provides you the choice on install. In the end I went with OpenELEC due to it's speed and I also use OE on my main HTPC and I wanted to avoid any issues with sharing a MySQL DB between multiple devices and software.

How is the speed though ?  Because it is such a little device, is it really smooth, or somewhat sluggish but "what the hell its cheap?"

It's absolutely fine ;D Even non tweaked it plays back with no issues but it struggles with the menus of xbmc, bit jumpy to navigate around. So tune the skin with items like turning off the RSS feeds (scrolling txt really hurts the cpu), turning off new added content display etc In fact, have a look at this blog for info;

http://youresuchageek.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/howto-raspberry-pi-openelec-on.html

How is the speed though ?  Because it is such a little device, is it really smooth, or somewhat sluggish but "what the hell its cheap?"

I have a friend running raspxbmc (if I recall correctly) that also has a regular, functional XBMC install on much more robust hardware.  He said the menus aren't as nice, but watching 720P and 1080P videos was great on it.  I know that it will fail on other container types that a more capable HTPC will handle properly though.

Hmm, not sure if this is normal but since i have turned on the 'Scan and Process' option yesterday, it hasn't stopped scanning and processing. I have just under 600 files in my final TV directory yet it has so far sent over 700 messages to me that it has downloaded a file. Looking through the TV directory structure I can easily see where it has rolled through as I slightly renamed my files using SB but there are a couple of directories / shows it hasn't touch yet and it is going back through others multiple times? This seems odd behavior and the HDD light of the unRAID server is permanently on! Shouldn't it get to a point that it has scanned all and then just sit idle until a new file/directory is dropped in?

Solved this one so I thought I would share my method.

To me there is something wrong with the SB 'Scan and Process' process as it wouldn't stop scanning the downloaded torrent directory so the solution hinged on having an empty directory for SB to watch for this process to work correctly. Therefore I created a new directory called 'sbwatch' and used my script I created earlier in this thread which Transmission called once a torrent had finished downloading, so it was useful in the end ;D This script copied the new torrent to the sbwatch directory and I unchecked the setting in SB to keep files post processing. So now I effectively have the same as my original set-up but with an addition copy step and now SB has an empty watch folder.

To me there is something wrong with the SB 'Scan and Process' process as it wouldn't stop scanning the downloaded torrent directory so the solution hinged on having an empty directory for SB to watch for this process to work correctly. Therefore I created a new directory called 'sbwatch' and used my script I created earlier in this thread which Transmission called once a torrent had finished downloading, so it was useful in the end ;D This script copied the new torrent to the sbwatch directory and I unchecked the setting in SB to keep files post processing. So now I effectively have the same as my original set-up but with an addition copy step and now SB has an empty watch folder.

Nice one !

I was also struggling with finding a way to keep seeding while post processing would take place... In the end I did it by hand... This is much better, I will implement this myself !

I surprised myself as to how well it worked ;D and glad I messed around with the script to copy at the outset as this works nicely now in this new workflow.

Added benefit I found yesterday whilst playing with Headphones, I owe you a beer btw for pointing me in these directions ;D, SB and HP can share the same watch folder as they ignore non tv or music depending on the app. So I have altered my download directory to be a common one now so Transmission grabs the torrents then the script copies to the new watch folder and then either SB or HP deals with depending on the media type.

I'm a very happy bunny right now with this setup :)

• 1 month later...

sorry to hijack your thread but it's related :)

I have sickbeard and transmission set up and working fine, but it's the post processing that is an issue. I download more that just tv shows, but obviously only want sickbeard to process what it downloads, but it only uses the blackhole method.

Is there a way/program/script i can run that could differentiate a tvshow from the general torrents in the download folder and move it to a seperate tv folder that sickbeard watches. Then once it's processed it will delete the duplicate.

I need to keep the original files for seeding, so the delete right after processing isn't an option.

At the moment i use the "Scan and post-process any files in your TV Download Dir?" option in sickebeard.

I have sickbeard and transmission set up and working fine, but it's the post processing that is an issue. I download more that just tv shows, but obviously only want sickbeard to process what it downloads, but it only uses the blackhole method.

Is there a way/program/script i can run that could differentiate a tvshow from the general torrents in the download folder and move it to a seperate tv folder that sickbeard watches. Then once it's processed it will delete the duplicate.

I need to keep the original files for seeding, so the delete right after processing isn't an option.

At the moment i use the "Scan and post-process any files in your TV Download Dir?" option in sickebeard.

Not used it, but:-

https://github.com/clinton-hall/nzbToMedia

I believe that might, never tested it though. Oh, and I believe it's made by the same guy who made couchpotato.

I believe that might, never tested it though. Oh, and I believe it's made by the same guy who made couchpotato.

Hi, thanks for the link!

I have no idea what im doing here, but the instructions says:

General

Put all files in a directory wherever you want to keep them (eg. /scripts/ in the home directory of your nzb client) and change the permission accordingly so the nzb client can access these files.

nzbToSickBeard

Rename the file autoProcessMedia.cfg.sample to autoProcessMedia.cfg and fill in the appropriate fields in [sickBeard] as they apply to your installation.

Does this mean, simply to put autoProcessMedia.cfg in /mnt/cache/apps/sickbeard (my sickbeard data directory) and then amend the parameters in the sickbeard gui?

How do i know it's running? i see no other parameters to choose to manipulate autoProcessMedia.cfg

Hi, thanks for the link!

I have no idea what im doing here, but the instructions says:

General

Put all files in a directory wherever you want to keep them (eg. /scripts/ in the home directory of your nzb client) and change the permission accordingly so the nzb client can access these files.

nzbToSickBeard

Rename the file autoProcessMedia.cfg.sample to autoProcessMedia.cfg and fill in the appropriate fields in [sickBeard] as they apply to your installation.

Does this mean, simply to put autoProcessMedia.cfg in /mnt/cache/apps/sickbeard (my sickbeard data directory) and then amend the parameters in the sickbeard gui?

How do i know it's running? i see no other parameters to choose to manipulate autoProcessMedia.cfg

Like I said, I've never personally used it, however, I believe they're standalone python scripts (Like the one included with sickbeard by default), only reason why I recommended it is because I saw the "TorrentToMedia.py" file. I have no more of an idea to you, however, read this part of the readme:-

https://github.com/clinton-hall/nzbToMedia#transmission

If you are using Transmission, perform the following steps to configure postprocessing for "TorrentToMedia":

EDIT:- this is the real meat of the whole transmission guide:-

ii. On other systems you will need to edit settings.json (usually /etc/transmission-daemon/settings.json). Edit while the daemon is not running.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to hijack this, but mind to share your script?

Thanks

Ah, now that's good. I was just about to start reading up on it so this sounds good already.

Yes the script I have written copies the downloaded torrent from the cache drive to a drive in the array. Basically I duplicate so those downloaded can continue to be seeded whilst the files I copy over to the array can be re-named and tidied up to fit my naming structure. I re-seed the torrents as much as poss as the two main torrent sites I use are invite only and download ability relies on ratios so seeding is a must.

I don't have it automated, but my process is to move completed torrents that I wish to keep (as opposed to delete after use), and keep seeding, to a "torrents" directory on the root of cache. I then tell transmission in the GUI (using the 5.0-rc transmission plugin with updated web gui) the torrent is now in /mnt/user/torrents. This user share is not exported via SMB or NFS, but it allows me to move a file to any drive and seed it from the same path. Then the mover script takes care of moving the files out to the array drives. After that is done, I create hard links with "cp -rl" to create the shared/media library names for my files. Symbolic links would probably work just as well as hard links. This allows me to continue seeding with only one stored copy of the file but use different filenames for adding to XBMC. Also a good way to keep torrent nfo files and sample files out of the media library, as those hard links can be deleted while retaining the original file.

This may not be the best setup, but it works for me.