ASRock Z77 EXTREME4 is WOL working on this mobo? and is it a good choice?

I'm running ESXi on that board, but I did boot up unRAID on it with an m1505 controller (just as a quick test before running esxi) and everything seemed fine, mind you I was using an intel NIC rather than the onboard nic.

I didn't use it for a long time (nor did I use the onboard controllers or NIC), so I can't really speak to how well it would work with unRAID.  The board has been stable for more than 6 months on esxi (absolutely no problems), and esxi is way more demanding than unRAID (I've got 6 virtual hosts, including unRAID).

• 1 month later...

Since I love overkill, and since my unraid server is going to be transcoding for Plex as it's primary purpose beyond storage, I love overkill more than usual. I am planning on pairing this board with an i3-3225. Especially since the next project is to move to ESXi...

Oh, and it's on sale for $50 off if you buy the processor, also $30 off. It's christmas for me  ;D !!

I am getting the same package as you from Microcenter today.  The plan is to Transcode and I hear the I3 is perfect for that process.  Getting the Motherboard for $69 sealed the deal for me.  I wanted to add two drives and instead of picking up a SATA Controller I figure this will only cost me $100 after I sell my current motherboard and my old IBM 8 Port Sata II card.  I am moving to 4TB drives so a total of 8 should do, I used to have 14 drives with 16.5TB of storage, this will take me to 28TB.  I looked at a system using a lower end AMD A4 chip but for the $90 difference I thought the i3 was worth it to be able to transcode to a couple of TV's.

I have been trying to find out if there are any issues with the NIC chip on this Board it is a Broadcom BCM57781Gige.

I will let you know how my upgrade goes over the weekend.