Can you unRAID server reach the Internet?

The reason I ask, is I am developing a package manager to Joe's unMenu script.  It can download files and save/install them.... but only if the unRAID server can reach the Internet.  If most peoples' unRAID server can NOT reach the Internet, I'll have to handle it differently.

Some people will invariably download the files on another PC, and copy them to unRAID... that will work too, but I'd still like to get a feel for how many unRAID servers can reach the Internet.

The reason I ask, is I am developing a package manager to Joe's unMenu script.  It can download files and save/install them.... but only if the unRAID server can reach the Internet.  If most peoples' unRAID server can NOT reach the Internet, I'll have to handle it differently.

Some people will invariably download the files on another PC, and copy them to unRAID... that will work too, but I'd still like to get a feel for how many unRAID servers can reach the Internet.

Yes, you can, if you define the nameserver.

It appears as if we are duplicating some of our efforts.  I've got a lot done based on your starting point to download the actual file.

I'll send you a PM, as we need to coordinate our efforts.

Joe L.

Oh I know you can... I was curious how many people actually LET their unRAID server reach the Internet, and have configured it to do so.

That was a neat awk trick to download and save a binary file, eh?

In order to get the time service running, it must have access (unless you hard-code IP addresses... which does not allow you to use the pool of NIST servers)  Fairly recently, Tom added the ability to specify up to three DNS servers on the "Settings" page.  Up until then, I had to put an appropriate entry in the /etc/resolv.conf file if I was using a static IP address.

Joe L.