Does anyone know how to acquire the correct space?

Automatic

So, I mounted a share of mine as a network drive on my desktop, and, it works, only issue is that it shows sizes for the full array instead of just that one share:-

Nm1XgxO.png

While the share itself only uses 150GB:-

d2iRBBB.png

Is there anyway to get windows/samba to only export the data related to that share? In this case I want it to output:-

2.27TB free of 2.41TB (2.41TB is 2.27 (Free space) + 144.4GB (Used space))

Because that information is only relevant to this share. Also, I did google it before posting here, but, google just gave tutorials on how to mount the drive.

Not possible. Your client OSes are seeing each share as a folder on a disk, not a disk itself. Your unraid server is seen as the disk. Each share is a folder on that disk.

Everything is possible with enough modifications. Anyway, loads of programs inject into explorer.exe and modify stuff, I guess I'll have to learn how they do it and code something to modify that. :'(

Project for another day, not worth learning for this.

EDIT:-

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/cc144067(v=vs.85).aspx

Probably "Icon Handler" along with (probably) "Infotip".

EDIT2:-

And maybe "metadata" and modify the size of it, that may also automatically update "infotip".

If you set the include and exclude disks along with the cache setting correctly then the size should be reported as you would expect.  At least it does on my Mac.

I want all disks to be used, not just one, but, I only want data reverent to that mounted folder/share (//Tower/Nicks Files) to be shown. I don't care if my movies/shows are using 5TB, ignore them; I just want it to show data related to this single folder/share.

Archived