Plex 404 Not Found

bosiwow

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to install plex on my unaid server. (using urnaid 5.11rc and simple features v1.0.11)

I've set library dir to : /boot/extra/settings/plex/library

and tmp to : /boot/extra/settings/plex/tmp

(Yes, I know it's a path to the usb driva and it isn't good for the usb, but I took a backup and if USB dies I can plug a new one in and restore it)

when I go to http://server-ip:32400/web/ I get 404 Not Found. My system log looks like this:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/64092960/Plex%20Media%20Server.log

edit: using PlexMediaServer-0.9.7.12.407-db37d6d-unRAID.txz

edit2: When I set path for library to: /tmp/library and temp dir to /tmp plex works, but all my settings are cleared at a reboot since it stores everything in the ram :/

Why are you storing everything on your usb stick? Asking for trouble.

In my case I set my library location as a share in unraid so its safe - /mnt/user/PlexLibrary - I use a cache drive so my temp directory is located there - /mnt/cache/plextmp

Why are you storing everything on your usb stick? Asking for trouble.

In my case I set my library location as a share in unraid so its safe - /mnt/user/PlexLibrary - I use a cache drive so my temp directory is located there - /mnt/cache/plextmp

Why dedicate a share to plex? I've got too many apps, I don't have time to remember shares.

/mnt/user/Appdata/{appname}

In this case:-

/mnt/user/Appdata/plex

So much easier.

Well, if I set plex to one of my usershare, it will keep logging every minute and it keeps the array spin up => result => my server doesn't goes to sleep anymore.

==========================================================

If I set the location to /mnt/user/Appdata/plex . Is it stored on the hard disk or on the flash?

(Or is it in the ram, if it's in the ram, I'll loose all my settings at reboot ;( )

Well, if I set plex to one of my usershare, it will keep logging every minute and it keeps the array spin up => result => my server doesn't goes to sleep anymore.

==========================================================

If I set the location to /mnt/user/Appdata/plex . Is it stored on the hard disk or on the flash?

(Or is it in the ram, if it's in the ram, I'll loose all my settings at reboot ;( )

Mine is a cache only share, the cache is an SSD so mechanical wear due to constant writing is to a minimum. Obviously SSDs have a limited amount of writing power.

In fact, I have logging disabled. I set the file to read only and a it's just a 0byte file. If I had an issue I'll give it write access, but, for now, it only needs read access.

ty for your answer :)

And can you still let your system go to sleep?

I want mine to, after 15min disk idle => spindown => 45minutes later go to sleep. (using simplefeatures) (<= really important for me the system can go to sleep automaticaly)

Is this possible with a cachedrive (especially an ssd cachedrive)

Thanks in advance

Archived