We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Mount drives/start array without web gui

Is there a way to start the array and mount the array (if they are different) for sharing without using the web gui? I have a monitor hooked up to my server, I don't want to access the server elsewhere. Just to start the server using command line so that I can see my files.

I am not talking about an automated process. My router is downstairs and I have my server (no wifi) hooked up to a switch and my computer is hooked up to a switch. I can see the tower in my computer but there is only the flash drive listed. I can NOT hook up either computer to a router at this moment as it is downstairs on the other side of the house.

I tried the cmd:

cd /boot/unmenu/

./uu

but did not have any luck with being able to access my files.

Usually the array starts automatically on reboot. Do you not have that enabled for some reason?

Not sure what you are trying to do, but uu starts the process for unmenu web. There is a terminal mode unmenu. I've not really used it for anything, just stumbled across it one day. Don't know if it is all still functional for recent versions of unRAID.

When I started my unraid up, I always had to go into the webui to click start array...always. I don't have that option at the moment because I can't get into the webui, bc of no router, to check it or turn it on.

I have my mac > switch > server. Router is downstairs and I can only access it wifi, which my server does not have option of doing.

I am trying to start the array so that when Tower comes up in my share, it shows more than "flash." IF I could get into webui to start array, it would work no problem but I can't.

The array does not start auto for sharing for some reason.

Isn't this the same as setting the "Enable Auto Start" to "Yes" under disk settings, and every time the server boots it will always mount the disks and start the array.

Also, I didn't understand the OP's network architecture very well, but 90% of the times I don't myself use a PC or laptop to access or navigate the webUI, I just do it from the browser on any of my phones or tablets on the same network.

Isn't this the same as setting the "Enable Auto Start" to "Yes" under disk settings, and every time the server boots it will always mount the disks and start the array.

Also, I didn't understand the OP's network architecture very well, but 90% of the times I don't myself use a PC or laptop to access or navigate the webUI, I just do it from the browser on any of my phones or tablets on the same network.

I assume the webGUI setting is stored in the file. Don't know why he couldn't do it that way. No wifi he said. Maybe the only other devices on his network don't have browsers.

Reading over this again, he has a switch but no router. I've done peer-to-peer between DOS machines but it was long ago (obviously). Don't have any idea how that would work between MAC and unRAID.

If this is the case then he must have static IP addresses.  He should be able to use the webGUI by using that address in his browser. 

Example:    http://192.168.1.245/ 

Of course, his address will probably not look anything like those numbers since the address shown was dictated by the address range of my router. 

Archived