[SOLVED] unMENU 1.6 - HPA warning and myMain_local.config questions

I like the new look; thanks for all the hard work.

This is more of a myMain issue, so sorry if I posted in the wrong place!

I just noticed a HPA warning in myMain for my SSD cache drive. I checked it using hdparm from the terminal and the physical and logical sizes agree; so from what I read, it's a non-standard sized drive myMain doesn't know about.

Now to go about fixing this, I understand I need to enter HPA_OK value of 1 in the drive's properties. I tried doing that and then found I didn't have myMain_local.conf set up. So I copied myMain.conf to myMain_local.conf and restarted unMenu.

Now I see a lot of "dup token" INFO statements in SysLog (here's a few......)

Apr 24 10:40:00 Tower unmenu[8127]: INFO:  Dup token udma_crc_error_count (Errors)

Apr 24 10:40:00 Tower unmenu[8127]: INFO:  Dup token smart_fail_lst

Apr 24 10:40:00 Tower unmenu[8127]: INFO:  Dup token _info

Apr 24 10:40:00 Tower unmenu[8127]: INFO:  Dup token _temp..........

I didn't go too far into editing myMain_local.conf, but even after adding "hpa_ok 1" to the SSD's disk status the HPA warning is still there.

Also when I check for unMenu updates I see there's a myMain_local.conf update available from 12/04/2010 Revision 182. When I try to update I get an error that /tmp/unmenu_tmp/myMain_local.conf not installed.

Where did I go wrong? Thanks for the help!

syslog-2013-04-24.txt

I just noticed a HPA warning in myMain for my SSD cache drive. I checked it using hdparm from the terminal and the physical and logical sizes agree; so from what I read, it's a non-standard sized drive myMain doesn't know about.

Now to go about fixing this, I understand I need to enter HPA_OK value of 1 in the drive's properties. I tried doing that and then found I didn't have myMain_local.conf set up. So I copied myMain.conf to myMain_local.conf and restarted unMenu.

Now I see a lot of "dup token" INFO statements in SysLog (here's a few......)

Apr 24 10:40:00 Tower unmenu[8127]: INFO:  Dup token udma_crc_error_count (Errors)

Apr 24 10:40:00 Tower unmenu[8127]: INFO:  Dup token smart_fail_lst

Apr 24 10:40:00 Tower unmenu[8127]: INFO:  Dup token _info

Apr 24 10:40:00 Tower unmenu[8127]: INFO:  Dup token _temp..........

I didn't go too far into editing myMain_local.conf, but even after adding "hpa_ok 1" to the SSD's disk status the HPA warning is still there.

This error is occurring because you copied myMain.conf to myMain_local.conf.  Please delete your myMain_local.conf and update unMenu using the user scripts page.  Once that is done, use the drive pages to add the HPA_OK value.

Also when I check for unMenu updates I see there's a myMain_local.conf update available from 12/04/2010 Revision 182. When I try to update I get an error that /tmp/unmenu_tmp/myMain_local.conf not installed.

This is a feature to prevent the unMenu update process from overwriting your changes to myMain_local.conf.  It will only update myMain_local.conf is it is missing or it matches the default versions.

Thanks for the quick replies! I deleted the myMain_local.conf file, checked updates, installed them and restarted unMenu (a few times).

The "dup token" errors are gone, but I still see the HPA warning on the main myMain page. I even tried adding the "hpa_ok 1" to the drive property page, but no success.

I wish I had captured the screen echo messages during the check/install updates procedure. The SysLog only shows the restarting of unMenu.

Thanks Joe L. for adding the drive sizes. Well, I know the warning is bogus.....but....you understand, right?

Is there a file and a date stamp I should be looking for?

-Cheers!!

I discovered I was incorrectly entered HPA_OK in "Other Notes." I was using the field next to "Other Notes" and not below.

Using this thread as a guideline:  http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=21556.0, containing the image below, the warning is gone. Since Joe L. added the drive I shouldn't need this; so I'll backtrack a bit to see if I can bypass having to add the value.

Thanks again!!

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=21556.0;attach=12549;image

as described, delete your added myMain_local.conf, check for updates, and you'll probably both see the HPA warning go away since I added your disk's respective sizes to the valid size list.

Joe L.

Hi Joe L.,

I have 96GB SSD mounted as an app drive and had the HPA warning on it.

I added 100GB=93778744 to myMain.conf, so it's not an issue for me, but might be useful for others. Certainly I leave it up to you if you add or not to the mainline.

...and... thank you for unMENU 1.6 and it's improvements.