My iStarUSA server bits

aiden

That's a nice unit as well -- basically the same as the Vantec unit I've used.

A SFF UnRAID with 640GB total storage is indeed small -- but can still hold a reasonable collection of movies ... and for what you've outlined as the use it should be just fine  :)

That's a nice unit as well -- basically the same as the Vantec unit I've used.

A SFF UnRAID with 640GB total storage is indeed small -- but can still hold a reasonable collection of movies ... and for what you've outlined as the use it should be just fine  :)

Yep, and what will be nice is that with Plex is I'll be able to tell what they've already watched so I can just delete that stuff to clear space when needed.

Just checked the mail to see if the 2 bay laptop drive cage came. It wasn't 5.25 inch, it was 3.5. Oops!  :o::)

Luckily this SFF case also has one exposed 3.5 inch bay so it fits in there. Preclearing the drives now.

Fortunately you had an available 3.5" slot  :)

For future reference (as I suspect you already noticed), the Vantec unit I use is for a 5.25" bay.

(I hadn't noted that the one you bought was 3.5" either)

I originally found this on FrozenCPU website and then ordered it through Amazon. The problem is FrozenCPU's website says it's 5.25 inch when it really isn't.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/12136/hdc-78/Kingwin_Dual_25_Single_525_Bay_Internal_Tray-Less_Hot_Swap_Rack_w_Key_Lock_KF-251-BK.html#blank

Fortunately you had an available 3.5" slot  :)

For future reference (as I suspect you already noticed), the Vantec unit I use is for a 5.25" bay.

(I hadn't noted that the one you bought was 3.5" either)

I originally found this on FrozenCPU website and then ordered it through Amazon. The problem is FrozenCPU's website says it's 5.25 inch when it really isn't.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/12136/hdc-78/Kingwin_Dual_25_Single_525_Bay_Internal_Tray-Less_Hot_Swap_Rack_w_Key_Lock_KF-251-BK.html#blank

Ahh -- easy to understand the mistake.  The picture does make it fairly obvious that it's 3.5", but I'd have probably missed that as well.    In fact, I DID miss it a couple years ago when I bought a fan controller (also from FrozenCPU as it happens) that SAID it was for a 5.25" bay, but was actually for a 3.5" one [and as luck would have it, the system I needed it for did NOT have any external 3.5" bays].

Archived