Slow read speeds

Hello, hopefully someone can help me figure this out. I have been experiencing extremely slow read speeds, sometimes it gets down to below 1MB/sec. Right now I have a copy going and is getting 5.29MB/sec. I was on 5.0rc10 and upgraded to 5.0rc12a. This did not resolve the problem. Sometimes copy's completely fail and say there was a problem and give me the option to try again or skip. Sometimes I can stop a slow transfer and start it again and it works great, even getting 100MB/sec or more, and other times i have to cancel and restart the transfer 5 or 6 times before it goes at a decent rate. I have a gigabit network so that should not be the bottleneck, not quite sure what is causing this. Attached my syslog but it wouldnt let me upload the whole thing back to my last reboot, let me know if the bootup is needed.

syslog-2013-05-25.txt

I downgraded to rc11a and seems to be a little better. Started transferring the same folder (35GB or so) and started at around 100MB/sec and was at around 40MB/sec when it finished. Browsing the shares seems to be a little quicker also. Not sure what the deal was with rc12a.

I should also note that before i downgraded, I tried the copy directly from the disk and not through the share,  that made no difference.

Thank you! Im not sure what this did, but I ran it in rc11a and it appears to have made a world of difference. So far navigating around the shares is night and day compared to what i experienced before. Transfers are moving much better, higher than 60MB/sec for the entire transfer now.

Thank you! Im not sure what this did, but I ran it in rc11a and it appears to have made a world of difference. So far navigating around the shares is night and day compared to what i experienced before. Transfers are moving much better, higher than 60MB/sec for the entire transfer now.

The same fix should work with RC12a ... you could go ahead and try it;  or just wait for "final" if you'd rather leave well enough alone  :)