WD 3TB Red $131 @ Amazon

flips

Looks like they're matching Newegg's shell shocker deal (or vice versa):

Western Digital Red WD30EFRX 3TB IntelliPower 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

Typically it's Amazon matching Newegg. They think all the prime members will order through them if the price is the same as Newegg, and they're right about that. These days it seems like more and more free shipping items on Newegg is the 4-7 day Egg Saver shipping, not the 3 day FedEx like it used to be so if you have prime you'll get stuff a lot faster from Amazon.

Just ordered one as a spare.  I have two in my unRAID server now, great drives.  Being an Amazon Prime member, I'll always order from Amazon when price is the same (ore even a couple of dollars more) than Newegg because of the shipping and the ease of returns.

Just ordered one as a spare.  I have two in my unRAID server now, great drives.  Being an Amazon Prime member, I'll always order from Amazon when price is the same (ore even a couple of dollars more) than Newegg because of the shipping and the ease of returns.

One the subject of returns, I wish Amazon offered free return shipping labels on everything, or at least on items up to a certain size. Zappos includes the return shipping label right in the box, and Amazon owns Zappos...

One the subject of returns, I wish Amazon offered free return shipping labels on everything, or at least on items up to a certain size. Zappos includes the return shipping label right in the box, and Amazon owns Zappos...

I thought they did. You just have to select defective as the reason for return and they'll send you a pre-paid return shipping label by e-mail.

That has worked for me for things they sell directly and also "fulfilled by Amazon" items.

I thought they did. You just have to select defective as the reason for return and they'll send you a pre-paid return shipping label by e-mail.

That has worked for me for things they sell directly and also "fulfilled by Amazon" items.

Me too -- including a couple large items that cost a good bit to return => they were furniture items that arrived damaged.    If you simply choose to return something because you don't like it, it can be a different story; but if it's defective or damaged, their customer service is REALLY good !!

That may be true. Zappos, however, pays for return shipping no matter the reason for your return. I can leave a pair of shoes sitting in the box on the shelf for 8 months and decide I don't like them anymore and Zappos will give me a full refund and pay for the return shipping as long as I haven't been wearing them.

I recently returned a PSU to Amazon because two weeks after I bought it Newegg had the same one on sale for $50 less. I returned the brand new one Newegg sent me straight to Amazon and it cost me $14 dollars in shipping. I think Amazon should pay for the return shipping no matter the reason, at least for prime members.

Archived