Experiencing read errors but all tests normal

Nevermind I saw it on the new one, that's it...too long for this crap, taking it down tomorrow and rebuilding it all, it will be much faster as I have 4 non gigabyte systems to do preclears on, but I may end up going f-raid instead, just easier and i've been reading about t-RAID thats sounds so great that I will actually be able to run my media server software on it as well.

So, taking it upon myself and reading into all of the errors and resolutions suggested I took the new drive fixed the HPA error and mounted it as Drive 3. It is now rebuilding and moving hapily at 130mb/s and will be finished rebuilding in less than 3 hours. So i bring away from this that it should have been caught as the error that needed to be corrected first, to keep my sanity intact, considering it took me all of twenty minutes to correct this error and start the rebuild process at a normal speed.

I will be running the other tests to make sure all is well, but I am hoping that this should do it.

After all of this I am certainly still considering a linux box with the new t-RAID though

Update: Even though the 'short smart test' under unRAID 'Disk management' part of the unRAID GUI stated that the old drive was fine, once I had it out and retested with WD software it was very apparent that the drive was physically damaged as their tests demonstrated, someone might want to check that out. It is already in a box, RMA'd  and on it's way back to WD for replacement

1 found corruptions can be fixed only when running with --rebuild-tree

Now should I do that?

Yes
I do have a complete backup of all data for that drive if that makes any difference
Would you be more comfortable reloading everything from backup, or would you rather recover the data and do spot checks to verify it recovered ok? My choice would be to recover the data and then verify against the backup, but it's a personal preference at this point.

Running it now, as long as it gets me past the read only crap I can just reload my back-ups if there's a problem, right?

Just deleting all of the files off that drive and reloading them wouldn't fix the issue anyways would it?  since it is stuck on read only I would have a heck of a time reloading the files manually...:(

And if it finishes and get fixed/running right by the weekend I will actually still have a wife...lol.

Then I can buy pro (while I wait) and add my 3 new already precleared 3tb drives :)

Drive 1 = Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB

Drive 2 & 3 = WD Black WD6401AALS

**** Just transfered a simple 2GB file directly to a share on the server from my main system in the office (GA-F2A85X-D3H / AMD A10-5800K, 8GB DDR3 1866, Win7 Pro x64, XBMC 12.2) and saw it begin at 18mb/s and end at 14mb/s.

Up to this point (since I built the server over a year ago), this has pretty much been normal for a transfer rate (using Teracopy to MOVE the file, not copy it)