[solved] movies directory not displaying

My other folders I have shared from tower is readable from other computers but for some reason my movies folder is just displaying application support.  (I'm trying to get plex server working)    But when I'm in the tower GUI i can see the files listed in the movies folder via shared tab. 

Now I can't figure out how to display my movies. 

My other folders I have shared from tower is readable from other computers but for some reason my movies folder is just displaying application support.  (I'm trying to get plex server working)    But when I'm in the tower GUI i can see the files listed in the movies folder via shared tab. 

Now I can't figure out how to display my movies.

What version of unRAID are you using?

You might want to check the permissions on the problem folders/files from a telnet session.    If running a 5.0 release then you may need to run the newperms script to reset permissions correctly.

ver 5.0 -rc    i'll try running the script again.

Which -rc? There have been about 20 of these. The current one is rc16c.

Depending on the rc, newperms might open a new window. In any case make sure you don't close or browse away until the script completes.

Checking the permissions from telnet as suggested would be quicker. Then you would know whether or not newperms might help. You can also just set the owner and permissions manually from telnet.

How are the movie files being created?

Hi - I have the same problem, that I have to run resetperms after I created new directories - so seems they're not created with nobody ownder or correct permissions.

I do access (and create/copy) files to the array via smb-extra.conf (which I do since years with UnRaid 4.x - no problems there ever):

[sERVER-Root]
    path = /mnt/user
    read only = No
    browsable=no
    comment = Consolidated User Shares View
    valid users = adm
    read list = adm, clnt
    write list = adm

Can anybody show me what I need to change/add so dirs/files are created with proper owner/permissions (I am not very experiences with Linux, so please forgive me, if it is something obvious from your point of view).

Thanks

Archived