Wanted Kernel module for 2.6.24.4

I am looking for the .../kernel/drivers/i2c/busses/asb100.ko module for a 2.6.24.4 (the unRAID 4.3.3) installation. Anyone who has done a full slackware distro or set up cross compiles probably has this. I would rather not go through the headache of creating my own kernel build environment.

Thanks,

Paul

Just remember, fancontrol in the lm-sensors package will only vary fan speed based on CPU temp... not on drive temp.

Here is a little script I use to vary fan speed based on the max drive temp.  /dev/sdd is the WD 1TB green drive in the middle of a 5-in-3 drive cage, and as I posted before, the WD green drives return the temp via smartctl even when they are spun down.... so it works as a temp sensor for the drive cage.

Now that unRAID 4.4 is out, I need to rewrite this to poll all the spun-up drives.

#!/bin/sh

#

SILENT=100

QUIET=115

COOLING=120

FAST=125

HIGH=130

MAX=220

maxTemp=`smartctl -d ata -A /dev/sdd|awk '{if($2~"Temperature_Celsius"){print $10}}' 2>/dev/null`

parityTemp=`smartctl -d ata -A /dev/sdb|awk '{if($2~"Temperature_Celsius"){print $10}}' 2>/dev/null`

SPEED=$SILENT

if [ $parityTemp -gt $maxTemp ]

then

maxTemp=$parityTemp

fi

if [ $maxTemp -gt 28 ]

then

SPEED=$QUIET

fi

if [ $maxTemp -gt 35 ]

then

SPEED=$COOLING

fi

if [ $maxTemp -gt 38 ]

then

SPEED=$FAST

fi

if [ $maxTemp -gt 41 ]

then

SPEED=$HIGH

fi

if [ $maxTemp -gt 43 ]

then

SPEED=$MAX

fi

echo $maxTemp

echo 1 > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/device/pwm2_enable

echo $SPEED > /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/device/pwm2

Thanks. That is a cool script (pun intended). My mobo only has one PWM capable header and it has the CPU fan connected. I ran a big 120mm fan in front of my drives, but swapped the pins so it ran on 5V, not 12V.

My Seagate 7200.11 1TB drives run at 36 and 38 max (i.e. doing a parity sync). I know some think that is slightly more than ideal temp, but I can live with that as long as the box isn't stupid loud.

Cheers!