What are non-stock unRAID add-ons?

I'm looking to upgrade to 5.0 from 4.7. It says "Disable or un-install all non-stock unRAID add-ons" are the addons I have installed using unMenu (like apcupsd) non-stock? If they are what is easiest way to disable them all and then get them running on the 5.0 release?

Thanks

I'm looking to upgrade to 5.0 from 4.7. It says "Disable or un-install all non-stock unRAID add-ons" are the addons I have installed using unMenu (like apcupsd) non-stock? If they are what is easiest way to disable them all and then get them running on the 5.0 release?

Thanks

Basically, 'non-stock add-ons' are anything which was not on the original flash drive when you first install unRAID.  So yes, unMenu is a non-stock add-on. 

That is not to say that your unRAID system will not run using them.  It probably will.  But to simplify solving problems when things don't work right, Tom has recommended that you uninstall all of them.  Once you have Ver. 5.0 up and running, you can add them back in.  In your case, I would start with unMenu and apcupsd.  (For safety reasons more then anything. you don't would a power failure to introduce a problem.)  Proceed at a pace which makes you comfortable after that. 

Hope this helps...

Thanks

The best approach is to do a "clean" build of v5.0, then install your desired add-ons.

Be sure you (a) save you key file; and (b) that you know WHICH disks (by serial number) are assigned to parity and (if you have one) the cache drive.

Immediately BEFORE you do the upgrade, run a parity check on v4.7 and be sure you have no errors (zero sync errors and no disk errors).  Don't do anything else on the array after the parity check -- just shut it down.

Then just delete everything on the flash drive; copy the entire v5.0 distribution to it, along with your key file; and it should boot to v5.0    [if you reformat you'll also have to run "Makebootable" from the flash drive in admin mode, but if you just copy the files this isn't required.]

When you boot to v5.0, you can assign the data disks and the parity disk (be SURE the parity disk is the correct disk) => and if you did the parity check I noted above you can also check the "Parity is Valid" box to skip an initial parity sync.

Now you can install UnMenu ... you simply copy one file to an "UnMenu" folder on the flash drive, and then run that file from the console (or via Telnet).    Once UnMenu's installed, just use the package manager to add your APC plugin.

Thanks guys got it working fine in the end. I had to reformat the drive, make bootable and copy my pro key from a back up from nearly a year ago because it wouldn't work but now it's fine.

Just one outstanding problem. On 4.7 when I "Connect to server..." on OSX I could type in smb://192.168.0.200 and it would bring up all the drives on the unraid server. Now it says I don't have permission to access the server. I can access it under Network computers but not by that path. What could it be?